Spectrum Community Solutions - Operations SpecialistApply Now Date posted 06/30/2019 Requisition Number: 241823BR Location: United States - Wisconsin - Madison Area of Interest: Customer Service, Sales Position Type: Full Time
The Spectrum Community Solutions - Operations Specialist position is responsible for the control of all MDU Contracts including, but not limited to, the development, auditing, validation, implementation, management, maintenance, administration and recordation of MDU telecommunications services contracts entered into between Charter and residential developers, builders, utility consultants, property owners and management firms throughout the assigned KMA in compliance with Division guidelines.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Develop, implement, manage and maintain a formal MDU contracts administration and database program for Right-of-Entry (ROE) and Bulk agreements.
- Manage all contract files and databases to ensure their accuracy and completeness to allow for proper risk analysis.
- Preparation of documentation for ROE and Bulk agreements for new and existing properties based on established strategic, financial, legal and operational criteria.
- Review and approval of contracts prior to obtaining signature from Charter VP GM's in compliance with all Charter policies and procedures.
- Preparation of various Owner and customer communications related to contracts and services such as proposals, letters and other client correspondence.
- Create and administer policy and procedures for termination notices to lost properties and managing conversions of properties to and from bulk services in compliance with required notification requirements.
- Responsible for tracking all door fees and revenue sharing obligations, preparing and submitting requests for payment and sending same to owners. Work as a liaison with KMA finance team on Owner payments including tracking, budgeting and forecasting.
- Preparation, notarization and recordation of contracts, easements, memorandum and other recordable instruments. Act as a liaison to each county to represent Charter to these agencies in a positive, professional and efficient manner.
- Responsible for submitting, tracking, validating and monitoring the proper execution and notarization of all contracts presented to the General Manager or other authorized signatory.
- Responsible for inputting new and updating existing Bulk rates in billing system, maintaining bulk database and sending bulk rate increase notifications.
- Responsible for the timely processing of commission chargebacks on any contracts that are in default per company policy.
- Cross functional liaison between KMA and Corporate.
- Identify best practices, update Contract Administrator manual with best practices and communicate updates to Contract Administrator team.
- Create and update an abstract form for each property file that contains key notice and other property information.
- Create an abstract form and process for each new contract to ensure timely dissemination of key contract terms and conditions to impacted internal departments.
- Conduct competitive analysis and obtain knowledge of competitive products and offers.
- Responsible for actions related to competitive responses such as contract violations or termination of service which include leading project calls and communication with property owners, management and Charter Legal team.
- Supports KMA marketing team with contract and complex information at all times to protect charter interests and investment.
- Responsible for requesting and securing Certificates of Insurance from Corporate as needed and forwarding a copy to client.
- Track and ensure resolution of any contractual issues that impact our client relationships.
- Corresponding and maintaining relationships with clients and their utility consultants.
- Attend MDU and related association functions, including appropriate trade show participation as requested.
- Prepare Salesforce and EDW reports for MDU Sales Managers and Directors.
- Provide general assistance to management and MDU AE's, as required including ongoing coaching, and training of AE's to insure contract process compliance.
- Create strategy on competitive responses such as contract violations or termination of service. Supports KMA marketing team with contract and complex information at all times to protect charter interests and investment.
- Negotiating renewal contracts with property owners.
- Develops strategies to improve bulk revenues through contract inventory review and analysis
- Generate and validate commission reports from Sales Force for payroll processing.
- Create financial analyses such as review ROI Models, budget preparation and forecasting.
- Analyze Salesforce and EDW reports for MDU Sales Managers and Directors.
- Provide ongoing coaching, and training of Contract Specialists.
- Develops databases or reports and provides feedback on existing reports and databases and make assessments or recommendations as requested.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required, e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of telecommunications laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of cable billing systems (such as ICOMS).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to interact proficiency with peers, clients and other professionals.
- Ability to initiate and bring closure to negotiations at an executive level is essential.
- Ability to exercise accurate professional and legal judgment.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of company employees, vendors/service providers, customers and prospective customers.
- Strong analytical and financial ability, strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize assignments according to timelines and importance of task.
- Ability to maintain poise and professional demeanor in stressful situations.
- 4-year college degree in business or equivalent Industry or contract experience
- Real Estate or Telecom Industry Experience; 1-3 years
- Experience with automated reporting and analysis applications preferred; 1-3 years
- Experience with contracts strongly preferred
- Office environment
- Some travel required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.