Field Research Intern (Fall) - MediaApply Now Date posted 06/08/2019 Requisition Number: 241000BR Location: United States - Florida - Maitland Area of Interest: Internship, Market Research, Marketing, Research and Development Position Type: Intern
- This position is part of our Fall Paid Internship Program.
- Internship will last approximately 10 weeks, starting in late August/early September
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater
- You must currently be enrolled in an educational institution.
Spectrum Reach (www.spectrumreach.com) is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Spectrum Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach’s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
The objective is to create an in depth analysis of media consumption in an important Charter market that will help inform Spectrum Reach sales strategy using proprietary set top box data and syndicated research tools.
- Analyze viewership patterns for a TWC market examining audience characteristics, viewership patterns and other items
- Items to examine include audience composition, demographic composition, and network duplication
- The goal of the analysis would be to inform sales strategy in the market
The intern will work with their supervisor to clarify the business questions the project will answer. The intern will determine what analyses should be conducted and will then gather the required data. Once the analysis is completed, the intern will create insights and show how the results can impact Spectrum Reach sales. The intern will also have the opportunity to present results to Spectrum Reach leadership.
- Clarify business question the analysis will seek to answer
- Determine what data and analysis are required
- Collect data from TWC set top box database
- Conduct analysis and distill insights from results
- Build report and presentation
- Present findings to Spectrum Reach leadership
- Working towards a quantitative degree such as mathematics, economics, or statistics
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience finding insights/telling stories using data
- Experience using PowerPoint
- Exposure to relational databases a plus
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.