2019 Summer Intern: Assoc Software DeveloperApply Now Date posted 01/08/2019 Requisition Number: 232112BR Location: United States - Missouri - Maryland Heights Zip Code: 63043 Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services, Other Position Type: Intern
- You’re a motivated rising Junior or above with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following majors listed below from an accredited four-year university:
- Computer Information Systems
- Engineering— Computer Science, Software Development, Coding, Programming
- Network Engineering
- Information Technology
- Management Information Systems
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 29, 2019 through August 2, 2019.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
Spend a productive summer with Spectrum
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp. Our internships are designed to provide first-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry. We offer opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting. We’ll connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé. The mentorship opportunities and proximity to leadership are benefits with far-reaching potential in your professional education.
It’s about learning and growing
You’re dedicated, and that means your time as much as your effort. This 10-week, 40hr/week internship offers exposure to real-world business. As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Partner with other accomplished and dedicated interns on research and cross-functional projects. You’ll have an opportunity contribute real value and meaning to the larger organization.
Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 29 and 30, webinars, community service, and final presentations. As part of a peer community, you’ll contribute to cross-functional group projects, and should be ready to take on new projects as they come up.
What you can expect in this role
We are working on building out automation solutions to support our Portal Support team. These projects will range from automating code deployments through environments, developing automation request and workflows to automate user access requests, and finally presenting automation recommendations based on what has been learned over the course of the internship.
Here’s what it takes to get started
Skills and experience required for this role include:
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Housing and transportation; these are not provided by Spectrum
- Analytical skills
- Front end development
- Linux, Unix
- Oral and written skills
- Problem solving skills
- Project and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- QA process
- Systems Administration
- Software development skills, SDLC
- Technical documentation
- Works well in a team environment
- This candidate should have good troubleshooting skills of UI and backend services. They will assist with putting weekly reports and PowerPoints together to present Portals Support-related information. There is potential for minor UI and services development tasks using Java React and Springboot frameworks. This candidate will participate and work with a mentor to delivery automation solutions for the Portals Support team
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go