Cybersecurity EngineerApply Now Date posted 04/05/2019 Requisition Number: 238716BR-1 Location: United States - Missouri - Maryland Heights Area of Interest: Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
This position will serve as the technical lead for the IT Security Assurance group to ensure accurate and timely completion of proactive, ongoing initiatives to reduce the risk of cyber threats to the business leveraging a solid understanding of the Cyber Security threats faced by the organization. This position is responsible for partnering with internal and external departments within Information Technology as well as business stakeholders in the organization to proactively identify security deficiencies and emerging risks for all IT and IT Security controls on a continual basis. This position will also provide the business with technical guidance to satisfy a variety of regulatory monitoring requirements.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Analyze, interpret, and present complex security requirements to Executive and IT management, IT staff, peers and non-technical team members to drive understanding, awareness, and adoption of sound security practices.
- Develop in-depth technical process workflows in order to provide continuous, ongoing monitoring of all IT systems from a security standpoint.
- Conduct in depth testing of business defined controls of IT applications to ensure compliance and effectiveness with PCI, NIST, and SOX requirements.
- Configure remedy based on control testing to enhance security posture within system.
- Develop automated scripts, reporting and automation capabilities to support internal IT Security continuous monitoring program.
- Provide recommendations on technical guidance and support a variety of regulatory compliance requirements to the business for the implementation of sound security controls within the corporate ecosystem.
- Develop and present root cause and trending analysis reports regarding security and compliance programs to senior leadership with IT Security, business partners, and peer departments to drive awareness and optimize continuous improvement initiatives.
- Liase with IT Operational teams to gain understanding of operational requirements on new project initiatives (implementing new and upgrading business applications, decommissioning systems, etc) to align with IT Security, Regulatory, and Compliance standards and frameworks.
- Partner with technical business stakeholders to successfully mitigate security risk to the business through the continuous security monitoring process and the development and publication of security assurance metrics.
- Organize project and communication plans and provide updates to the IT Security and Compliance and IT Operations teams.
- Interpret, analyze and maintains IT Security standards, guidelines and regulations and provide recommendations to business partners on process improvement.
- Maintain deep subject matter expertise of current cybersecurity threats in order to respond effectively to assessment and evaluation of security controls and continuous monitoring of existing security controls.
- Research emerging risk and threats to establish a cohesive strategy to present information to IT Security leadership and key business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other team members and leadership teams on projects, issues, and remediation issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Intermediate knowledge of security frameworks such as PCI, SOX, HIPAA, NIST 800-53, Cybersecurity and/or other federal, state and industry areas of compliance.
- Intermediate knowledge of security system configuration.
- Intermediate knowledge of File Integrity Monitoring process, Firewall Review process, Data Loss Prevention and Patch Management Methodologies a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of OS (operating systems), IP networks, and database and application functionality.
- Intermediate knowledge of application layers, networking, and system administration in order to interpret data.
- Ability to present technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to communication with all levels of leadership, internal/external departments and peers,
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to identify patterns or indicators of non-compliance.
- Ability to build strong relationships with Senior Leadership, IT Staff and peers as demonstrated through an effective and efficient compliance program.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects while ensuring deadlines are met.
Bachelor’s degree in BA or BS Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, and/ or business related discipline, or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
4 plus years IT Security and/or Corporate Risk Work experience
2 plus years Information Assurance, Risk, and Cybersecurity Program governance experience.
One of the following or equivalent certifications required or in the process of obtaining:
CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
CISM - Certified Information Security Technologist
CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor
Python 2.0 or 3.0
Tableau Data Visualization
MS Office Excel
Related Work Experience
1 plus years Experience working with Tripwire
Travel up to 10% required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go