IT Senior Manager, Cyber Security OperationsApply Now Date posted 03/28/2019 Requisition Number: 238130BR Location: United States - Missouri - Maryland Heights Area of Interest: Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for supporting Corporate IT Cyber Security initiatives that support the strategy and goals of the corporation. Supports security standards, policies and/or master plan for the Security Operations function. Manages the development of processes and support functions of new security technologies and tools to improve the organization's internal operations and security posture. Supports new security tool technological directions and manages the organizations operational development.
Sr. Manager, Cyber Security Operations Tier II Support – This position would manage a team of 4-6 Tier II break/fix Security System Administrators that are responsible for handling the day to day operations of all security systems in the Corporate Enterprise environment. Beyond system support & health monitoring, maintaining proper change control MOPS and content web filtering logic, we would like to take this team into threat research and analysis. This position will rely on a solid understanding of security operations concepts as outlined in CISSP Domain 7.
The ideal candidate would have experience in a true 24/7 Security Operations Center (SOC) environment in excess of 100k endpoints, managing first response Systems Administrators, with proficiency in interacting with Tier III/ IV Security Systems Infrastructure Principle Technologists. Familiar with SEIM, SOAR and UEBA tools, and all flavors of vulnerability detection systems.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to measure, simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Lead a team of security professionals in the Corporate IT Security and Compliance functional area, with a focus on maintaining stability of security systems and applications, ensuring operational readiness.
- Provide oversight for health and well-being of security tools in the server environment and associated applications
- Supports and improves security operations plan of record according to the IT and corporate strategy
- Demonstrates the skills required to maintain security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats.
- Oversee daily tasks to ensure the stability and optimization of the security environment, which includes proactively identifying potential system issues before they become a problem, working with team members in deciding a resolution, and implementing the agreed upon resolutions
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate system utilization to ensure the appropriate and efficient use of applications and system resources
- Provide hands-on experience with configuring, documenting, and troubleshooting network and endpoint security technologies such as proxies, anti-malware, DLP (data loss prevention), IPS / IDS (intrusion prevention / detection system)
- Utilize experience with SEIM technology to lead team in configuring proactive threat hunting criteria
- Demonstrated understanding of Unix/Linux command line experience to aid in security incident response activities when necessary
- Solid understanding of patch and change management processes for Windows, UNIX and Linux environments.
- Demonstrate knowledge of system communication / networking protocols, TCP/IP
- Implements IT plans according to the IT and corporate strategy
- Manages the maintenance and enhancement of hardware and software systems that support field business applications and local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN) for employees
- Manages IT staff to ensure uninterrupted IT network support at maximum performance
- Ensures compliance with IT standards, policies and procedures
- Accountable for the function's budgets
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
Basic computer skills, with proficiency with Word and Excel
Experience leading others and providing constructive feedback
Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
Demonstrated knowledge of security system technologies and methodologies related to assigned IT segment or area
Displays a sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
A team player with the ability to enable changes in the business processes and ability to work cooperatively with all groups is essential
Ability to multi-task and handle on a proactive basis, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment in order to maximize time-management and efficiencies
Demonstrated ability to successfully distill complex technical information into clear, concise yet comprehensive communication material
Demonstrated ability to meet rigorous deadlines while managing multiple projects concurrently
Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
Outstanding work ethic; displays a high sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
Proven knowledge of information technologies and methodologies related to assigned IT segment or area
Ability to exercise, on a regular basis, independent judgment and discretion in performance of job duties
Ability to recruit, motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
BA/BS in Cyber Security, Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
5 - 7 years IT Work Experience specializing in Cyber Security / Security Operations Center work experience
3 - 5 years Leadership experience
2 - 4 years Project management experience
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
CISSP, CCENT, CCNA-Security, CISM, PMP
8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
On call responsibility
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go