Java Web Services DeveloperApply Now Date posted 04/02/2019 Requisition Number: 238708BR-2 Location: United States - Missouri - Maryland Heights Area of Interest: Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
This position designs, develops, modifies, and implements web applications and/or services designed to support organization’s enterprise web applications. This position will code and perform unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Write code and programs in Java and perform unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
- Collaborate and support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience by delivering project deliverables
- Serve as secondary escalation point to resolve incidents and problems for production applications and web services supported by the team in accordance with identified Service Level Agreements
- Collaborate with customers, internal and cross-departmental technical teams to identify software problems and communicate remediation plans
- Collaborate in code review sessions with leadership to validate adherence with development standards.
- Collaborate in peer review code sessions.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Generate a variety of complex and periodic reports and/or data through database
- management, data administration and data extraction techniques
- Provide general system users and management with system analysis and feedback
- Influence system design by identifying and recommending design and requirements needs for software enhancements
- Recommend efficiencies of the various software systems by implementing, monitoring, testing and auditing new software programs
- Participate in continuous performance improvement sessions to discuss opportunities to improve processes or standards
- Analyze and resolve computer related problems by coordinating with internal team members (project management, architects, and system administrators) to diagnose and fix operational difficulty, as well as consulting, advising and training on specialized features and functions
- Follow established configuration/change control processes
- May perform other duties as assigned
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Intermediate experience with Java programming (Java 8 currently used)
- Intermediate experience with unit testing frameworks and continuous integration tools
- Intermediate knowledge of RESTful API design
- Intermediate understanding of software design patterns and principles and software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Intermediate knowledge of measures and/or indicators of Java/Java 8 system performance and the actions needed to improve/correct performance, relative to the system goals.
- Intermediate knowledge of industry tools/ trends in web development and/or web API development.
- Intermediate knowledge of OOP (object oriented programming) & prototypal inheritance
- Intermediate knowledge Git version control system
- Basic experience with Maven
- Basic experience with Spring boot
- Excellent communication skills (written, interpersonal, presentation), with the ability to easily and effectively interact and negotiate with business stakeholders
- Ability to apply creative/lateral and abstract thinking skills to solve complex technical problems and envision/design innovative solutions to business opportunities and challenges
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Ability to listen and evaluate all opinions without bias, and contribute to a common culture of excellence
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, uncertainty, and incomplete information when evaluating alternatives and making recommendations
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team as well as manage individual tasks
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
- 3 plus years IT Work experience designing/configuring systems/applications working in Java restful web service development (current version Java 8 used)
- 3 plus years IT Work experience working with Relational Databases (SQL based)
- Technology agnostic and experience working with multiple technology preferred
- Experience working in Telecommunications industry a plus
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go