Lead Software DeveloperApply Now Date posted 10/30/2019 Requisition Number: 245355BR Location: United States - Missouri - Maryland Heights Area of Interest: Billing Operations, Customer Operations Position Type: Full Time
Contribute to and provide technical direction to the Operations development staff. This position will be expected to contribute in areas dealing with software design, service architecture, database design, compliancy and strategy in the delivery of high quality software solutions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and desktop-based business applications.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Responsible for compliance with company engineering standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintain good relations with peers, team, other organizations and vendors.
- Be part of an effective front line Leadership team and assist them with developing their direct reports as to drive a high performance culture and environment.
- Strong understanding of application architecture including load balancing, ports, security, LDAP, IIS, Apache/Tomcat, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server, Oracle, and/or MySQL and ability to write and evaluate T-SQL and/or PLSQL.
- Perform other duties as requested by Manager
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Proficient with Java, .NET and web technologies
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Scrum
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Bachelor's degree (B. Sc.) in Computer Science or Engineering from a four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience
Related Work Experience
- 6+ years of Software Developer/Architect
- 3-5 years of Business process/IT/Engineering solutions integration
- 1-3 years of Leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience in most of the following:
Web Services (RESTful, WCF), XML
Application architecture, OOP, OOD
Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, PLSQL, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS
- Office environment
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.