Mgr, Billing Operations - ProcessApply Now Date posted 08/13/2019 Requisition Number: 245854BR Location: United States - Missouri - Maryland Heights Area of Interest: Billing Operations, Customer Operations Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for driving process innovation by modeling, documenting, analyzing and overseeing the implementation of process improvements for the Billing system. The Billing Operations Manager is responsible for examining existing Billing processes, evaluating them within the context of organizational goals, and proposing changes or enhancements to help achieve standardization throughout the organization. Supports the Dir, Billing Operations in managing the coordination of business process improvements to enhance billing users experience, improve productivity, decrease errors, increase efficiency and reduce business risks related to business operation integration. Identifies opportunities to automate business processes and partners with other departments to create documentation and tools to assist in transition. Responsible for the process analysis, process flow design, and process documentation related to the integration of new strategic initiatives into existing and future operations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
Participate with Billing Operation teams to support the continuous improvement and ongoing operations of the Billing System for Charter.
Leverage relationships resulting from partnering with both residential and commercial businesses to assist in the implementation of defined billing systems enhancements.
Perform the implementation of necessary processes that seek to guarantee the integrity of all billing data, system availability, system functionality and audit compliance.
Provides business process design and documentation supporting Charter strategic product initiatives.
Provides business process design and documentation for strategic new technology initiatives.
Defines, documents, implements and tracks process flows for services including Phone, video, and/or Internet services.
Documents process flows using the appropriate process modeling tools.
Actively involved in key initiatives and cross-functional collaboration that will ensure the most effective implementation of leadership decisions and prompt resolution of business issues.
Performs a cross-functional role to facilitate business process change with stakeholders in other departments; work with stakeholders to support the integration of new products and services, regulatory requirements, tools, technologies and markets into existing operations.
Audits and updates existing methods, procedures and process documentation on an as needed basis.
Participates in process requirements planning and validation thru operational testing to ensure plan changes meet business sponsor needs.
Manages the process review and signoff of new methods and procedures.
Maintain the quality and effectiveness of the billing process and information flow
Effectively handles day-to-day inter and intra team relationships to ensure that a diverse array of tasks (that involve periodic contacts with other teams to complete) can be performed effectively
Play a key role in ensuring integrity of the billing system.
Create reports and provide evidence relating for compliance purposes.
Ability to work under minimal direction with broadly stated goals to quickly identify analyze and resolve a wide range of issues.
Communicates issues noted to the manager.
Motivated self-starter, this individual should have a natural curiosity for technological developments and tools that could improve current functionality and achieve CSG team goals. If opportunities are found, notifies manager of CSG Billing Implementation Assurance.
Respond to Billing System Audit findings and implement remediation plans as directed
Participates in, and contribute to a culture of inclusion that encourages teamwork, collaboration and peer support, ensuring respect and support of all types of individuals.
Perform other duties as requested or assigned by management.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Expert level knowledge of CSG/ICOMS Billing system products and services, including system settings and configuration experience.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional communications among multiple teams.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Knowledge of personal computer and software application skills (i.e. Word processing, spreadsheet, Visio, Project, etc.)
- Proven ability to lead a team of professionals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field is preferred from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
- 2+ years of Prior Leadership Experience
- 2+ years of Demonstrated project management experience
- 3+ years of Business process management experience
- 5+ years of Technical Billing System platform
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Knowledge of cable television industry
- Office environment
- Travel Required – 10%
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.