Principal Billing Engineer - RDMApply Now Date posted 08/03/2019 Requisition Number: 241041BR Location: United States - Missouri - Maryland Heights Area of Interest: Billing Operations Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of production databases in compliance with application specifications and company policies, standards and procedures. Expert understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices along with extensive hands-on work experience is essential. Proven ability to troubleshoot, analyze, and solve complex problems particularly on the IBM Power series platform running the latest IBM iOS.
Collaborates with end-users and senior management to define database requirements for applications. Creates models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones. Develops and implements solutions to resolve database access and performance issues. Monitors database system details, including SQL scripts and execution times, and implements efficiency improvements. Performs database transaction and security audits and works with system administration team to establish appropriate end-user database access control levels. In addition to providing guidance to end-users, also serves as a mentor to junior members of the team.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
Logical and Physical Data Modeling and Database Design
Database creation, maintenance, and management.
Supports multiple services and multiple databases of high complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data.
Metadata management and usage
Database performance monitoring, tuning, and management
Indexing strategy and management
SQL code review for statements running directly on system as well as incoming from integrated applications
Database security and integrity
Works with system administrators to ensure database availability, backup, and recovery
Gathers business requirements and designs, implements multiple projects along with the production support.
Performs research and provides plans to remediate complex business problems.
Assists the development and system administration teams to improve database design and procedures on SQL best practices etc.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Expert knowledge of database architecture and its implementation
- Expert understanding of best practices in maintaining large scale DB2 database systems
- Extensive experience with IBM iSeries hardware, particularly IBM Power 795 and Power 8.
- Extensive experience with IBM System iOS V7r1 and large DB2 databases.
- Extensive experience with ICOMS Customer Billing and Provisioning application and database structure.
- Experience with SQL, RPG, CL, and Java programming languages.
- Familiar with Aldon's LMI software for change management and understanding of the full development life cycle.
- Experience with SOX and PCI testing procedures and audit processes.
- Ability to professionally document processes and create test plans.
- Project management experience.
- Strong understanding of Change Management procedures
- Strong knowledge of database and query tuning to improve the performance of databases and applications
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
- Ability to effectively consult with department managers and leaders
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
- 10+ years of ICOMS billing application, DB2 and various database management systems in testing, implementation, maintenance and administration in a multi-platform environment particularly on IBM Power systems.
- Office environment
- 24x7 on-call support
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.