Principal Technologist – Cyber Threat Intelligence ($5,000 SIGNING BONUS)
Maryland Heights, Missouri
We are all about cutting-edge entertainment and communications. Spectrum Technologists aren’t just keeping up, we’re keeping ahead of the curve on all system layers, including data, processing, and front-end systems. We pair insight with analytics to anticipate coming trends in design, standards and processes, containment and resolution, and more. With hands-on responsiveness to real-time incidents, we ensure system health and security, consulting with project owners on operations, implementation, and system status. Always open to new ideas, we’re researching and recommending new strategies for technical interfaces, automated solutions, and server-related topics to support a smooth and seamless user experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
What makes a successful Spectrum Technologist? Check out the top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
- Team Player
- Goal Oriented
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
Hear from Our Team
Our team is very focused, and there’s a strong collaborative culture here. We share common goals, so compatibility, being supportive of others, and getting support from your team are fundamental. There is real respect for skills here, too. You can come in with a computer science or mathematics background and find something that interests you among all the different working groups and stacks. This is a fast-moving company, and working with cutting-edge technology, like wireless and mobile, is appealing. It’s exciting to see where the business is going and know you have a hand in making ideas a reality.Ramesh, Sr. Director, IT Data Management
Technology unlocks the future
Our new integrated wireless router features next-generation 802.11ax technology.
Connecting you to comprehensive benefits.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 96,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 30 million customers in 41 states.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
High income potential.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Free and discounted Spectrum services where available.
ResponsibilitiesDate posted 09/08/2021 Requisition Number: 280236BR Area of Interest: Information Technology, Systems Engineering Position Type: Full Time
For this position we are offering a $5,000 signing bonus for an external hire. This position will be a strategic partner in the Cyber Threat Intelligence function inside the organization’s internal IT infrastructure. This position will primarily focus on proactively identify and report threats across IT infrastructure acting as clearinghouse for tactical, operational, and strategic intelligence for the organization. This position will partner heavily with senior leadership and various business partners across the infrastructure on cyber threat intelligence to include threat assessments & reporting, collections/analysis/correlation, cyber hunting/red teaming, & public private partnership / information sharing.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Review existing tools to glean insight in order to build a framework for organization to operate
- Prepare for regular threat reporting cadences to include daily, weekly, monthly, and annual threat assessments for tactical, operational and strategic audiences
- Assist in the creation of regular reporting mechanisms to keep stakeholders across a wide geographic area as well as a broad range of career-levels informed on latest trends, techniques, tactics of cyber adversaries and subsequent risks
- Partner heavily with the newly formed best-in-class cyber threat hunt team to compliment the ethical hacking program to aid in proactively identify security risks in systems/applications/networks using cyber threat intelligence
- Reviews documents, including project charters, functional requirements, non-functional requirements and high-level designs to ensure detailed design work and implementation can use the information provided
- Compiles work breakdowns for new projects to assist development managers in providing cost and calendar estimates to project teams, and maps development progress back to project milestones to proactively identify roadblocks and resolve them
- Conducts detailed analysis of log files and performance statistics of new or existing systems to identify previously unknown performance, functional or security issues and provides recommendations for remediation of issues
- Provides troubleshooting and prioritization assistance for defect and performance issues of projects within development and in production
- Provides internal support to other personnel for issues on production systems
- Provides informal training and mentoring to senior technical personnel on platforms, tools and practices
- Adheres to industry-specific local, state, and federal regulations as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Advanced understanding of the threat and vulnerability landscape blending threat and vulnerability information to guide the risk management process for enterprise IT security risks
Advanced knowledge of the cyber threat landscape (nation state / geopolitical, cybercrime, hacktivism, insider risks, etc.) – strong ability to articulate and incorporate into program understanding of major threat categories, motivations, and intent of adversaries against corporate assets - help organization see threats around the proverbial corner
Advanced understanding of malware families/evolution, indicators (pyramid of pain), TTPs (tools, tactics/techniques, procedures) used by cyber adversaries and how to apply effectively to help inform key stakeholders of attack chains & exploits while also building threat assessments for organizational cyber adversaries and their probability/intent to attack
Advanced demonstrated ability to do regular security threat briefings
Advanced knowledge on writing threat reports
Advanced knowledge of indicators of compromise, cyber threat landscape, adversaries, tools, techniques to attack targets; MITRE attack and framework and cyber kill chain
Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, and suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
An expert understanding of infrastructure technologies and concepts is preferred
Ability to demonstrate lateral thinking required to solve complex technical problems
Ability to collaborate well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis; applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
Ability to build consensus across interdisciplinary environments (across technical teams, across client domains)
Expert knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
Advanced knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
Expert knowledge of network devices and basic network appliances
Expert knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
Expert knowledge of at least two application server platforms (WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, JBOSS, etc.)
Expert knowledge of at least three development languages (Java, C/C++, ObjectiveC, Perl, Python, ASP/.Net, etc.)
Expert knowledge of at least three developments or test automation tools (ANT, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins, JUnit, JMeter, etc.)
Expert knowledge of at least three development frameworks (Struts, Spring MVC, Spring Security, JQuery, AXIS 2.0, etc.)
Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field or related work experience, Master’s Degree preferred
Related Work Experience
10 plus years Experience designing or configuring systems and/or applications
6 plus years Project management work experience
Experience working in Telecommunications industry
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
Advanced understanding in two or more cybersecurity/information security domains to include but not limited to access management, security operations, threat management/cyber threat intelligence, vulnerability management/vulnerability assessments/ethical hacking/penetration testing/red teaming, security engineering, SDLC, encryption, etc.
Previous experiences working for or extensively with law enforcement, government agencies, information sharing centers.
Knowledge of company products and services