Sr Automation Test DeveloperApply Now Date posted 05/22/2019 Requisition Number: 241240BR Location: United States - Missouri - Maryland Heights Area of Interest: Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for designing and developing automated test scripts to support automation and service virtualization. Performs analysis of manual test cases and functional requirements and determines the balance of test coverage to be automated for reuse. Gathers information from the project team, designs, develops, unit tests, debugs, executes automated test cases and prepares reports. Documents results and facilitates review meetings with project team stakeholders. Actively looks for solutions to automate test cases early in the test life cycle. Works on projects of high complexity within one or more test/development environments. Works on multiple programs/systems/applications as a project team member. Considered a subject matter expert in the area of test case automation and service virtualization.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Analyzes functional requirements and design specifications to ensure full understanding of deliverables.
- Participates in setting up successful configuration of test environments using automated smoke test validations and working with Administrators on proper environment configuration.
- Involved in the design, development, documentation, and maintenance of automated functional test cases and other test artifacts, including test data and data verification.
- Involved in the design, development, documentation and maintenance of service virtualization artifacts.
- Estimates work effort.
- Schedules and facilitates test plan/test case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Ensures that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Analyzes test cases then uses cases for pattern recognition and organizes patterns in a spreadsheet.
- Designs/develops/codes automated functional test cases to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements.
- Writes functions by accessing databases and retrieving data out of Oracle tables.
- Performs thorough unit testing.
- Creates code promotion sheets and submits for approval.
- Generates a variety of complex and periodic reports and/or data through database management.
- Runs automated smoke tests to ensure end-to-end transactions can be executed in the environment.
- Executes automated tests during functional and regression test cycles.
- Documents problems and assists in their resolution.
- Provides report to test lead in defect management and resolution.
- Identifies potential quality issues per defined process and immediately escalates potential quality issues to management.
- Interfaces with other project team members in resolving issues.
- Isolates, replicates, and reports defects and verifies defect fixes.
- Collaborates with technical staff to learn and understand software problems.
- Provides general system users and management with system analysis and feedback.
- Influences system design by identifying and recommending design and requirement needs for software enhancements. Mentors and coaches less experienced staff.
- Analyzes and resolves automation related problems by coordinating with team to diagnose and fix issues.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Self starter, self motivated, driven individual
- Strong skills in analyzing and resolving defects
- Ability to work well with shifting priorities
- Ability to work with cross-functional team of internal and external resources located onshore and offshore
- Thorough understanding of quality assurance process, tools and methodologies
- Proficient in data-driven and keyword-driven methodologies
- Knowledgable of functional development (object repository manipulation, functional development, organization of functions, parameterization of functions, global variables)
- Strong experience in writing functions accessing databases and retrieving data out of Oracle tables
- Proficient in Java, Selenium and Virtualization applications
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Access)
- Displays professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion
- Strong understanding of database schemas and querying tools
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
5+ years relevant system development
Experienced with modular design approach
Advanced designer/coder/developer in Java, Selenium and Virtualization for 5+ years with great application architecture capabilities
Testing Certification ITSQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst
Testing Certification ITSQB Expert Level Test Automation
HP Test Tool Certifications
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go