Sr. Billing Ops Analyst - ProcessApply Now Date posted 08/13/2019 Requisition Number: 245944BR Location: United States - Missouri - Maryland Heights Area of Interest: Billing Operations, Customer Operations Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for driving process innovation by modeling, documenting, analyzing and overseeing the implementation of process improvements for the Billing system.
Possess a detailed understanding business process, and the systems utilized to implement business process to achieve Company goals. Provide detailed analysis to business problems utilizing data from disparate sources. Design, recommend, and implement solutions to business problems to assist management, leadership, and end users meet business goals in various operational areas within the Company. Responsible for the process analysis, process flow design, and process documentation related to the integration of new strategic initiatives into existing and future operations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience and the needs of internal clients and projects.
Mentor and coach less experienced staff and encourage their development.
Produce detailed analysis, documentation, and recommendations to management and leadership regarding business problems, business improvement, and business performance
Lead continuous performance improvement sessions to discuss opportunities to improve processes or standards.
Develop communication documentation to support deployment of reporting and application solutions to end users.
Provides business process design and documentation supporting Charter strategic product initiatives.
Provides business process design and documentation for strategic new technology initiatives.
Gather, analyze, refine, validate, document and maintain complex systems requirements for requests related to billing systems and reporting needs.
Documents process flows using the appropriate process modeling tools.
Define, document, implement, communicate and track related systems rules, policies and configurations.
Participates in process requirements planning and validation thru operational testing to ensure plan changes meet business sponsor needs.
Understand policies, procedures, and practices for analysis of business performance and impact.
Manage, validate and document any changes to the Billing system.
Ensure that all changes made to the Billing system are consistent with the approved change request and halts the changes if they are not consistent with said change request.
Ensure full compliance of all audit requirements.
Assure timely completion of all assigned projects and ensures that the results are of a consistently high quality and meets or exceed the business need.
Work cooperatively with other department resources to accomplish objectives.
Perform other duties as requested or assigned by management.
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Experience related to database reporting tools, Macros, queries, SQL and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, uncertainty, and incomplete information when evaluating alternatives and making recommendations
- Ability to listen and evaluate all opinions without bias, and contribute to a common culture of excellence Ability to work seamlessly within a team as well as manage individual tasks
- Ability to lead the most complex of projects efficiently
- Ability to create, enhance, and maintain the data structures required to run ad hoc or recurring reports.
- Ability to gather and manipulate large data sets from various sources for reporting and automation
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to seamlessly handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
- Ability to perform detailed business analysis and design
- Ability to effectively consult with department managers and leaders
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or business related field, or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
- 5 years of Software development and implementation experience
- 4 years of Ordering/Billing system experience
- 4 years of Business operations analysis experience
- Telecommunications experience preferred
- Knowledge of cable television products and services
- Office environment
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.