Sr. Mgr, Release ManagementApply Now Date posted 09/04/2019 Requisition Number: 245852BR Location: United States - Missouri - Maryland Heights Area of Interest: Billing Operations, Customer Operations Position Type: Full Time
The Senior Technical Manager is responsible for providing leadership for for Enterprise Product catalog (MEC)release management teams. Manages the daily activity of a team of technical application analysts and ensures that effective and efficient production support and release management processes are in place to support critical business functions including software deployments, job scheduling, and automation. Manages all software releases, versioning, continuous integration, build/release automation and infrastructure supporting advanced software development projects across the enterprise. Applies SCM best practices and tools to ensure SW build reproducibility, control and quality as well as developing continuous improvements on the SCM infrastructure to increase build process and cycle-time efficiencies
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports key operational initiatives and critical production tools for MEC
Configures and implements automated tools and processes that integrate the Release Management function with other software engineering processes.
Controls the combination of various versions of all software releases, which have passed the testing series and are certified as working correctly together.
Responsible for providing software support for critical 3rd party apps (AMDOCS) integral to the operation.
Interacts with various IT teams for environmental solutions including the Operating System and Hardware Architecture.
Ensures team monitors and analyzes the operation of systems to ensure the effective delivery of billing information.
Leads the development of solutions to complex billing problems and works with system analysts to integrate these solutions with the existing systems.
Leads the implementation of strategic initiatives to ensure integration of current and future technologies.
Works with other technical team members to resolve all release related issues.
Maintains written procedures for all release management activities.
Actively involved in key initiatives and cross-functional collaboration that will ensure the most effective implementation of leadership decisions and prompt resolution of business issues.
Utilizes partnerships with Customer Care teams at the enterprise level to execute strategic business plans, operational goals and performance metrics as established by the director of this individual.
Creates continuous build, integration and deployment capabilities across all MEC related platforms.
Effectively manages day-to-day inter and intra team relationships to ensure that a diverse array of tasks (that involve periodic contacts with other teams to complete) can be performed effectively.
Participates in, and contributes to a culture of inclusion that encourages teamwork, collaboration and peer support, ensuring respect and support of all types of individuals.
Effect change by assisting management to develop appropriate action plans to address identified deficiencies, and ensure corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner to effectively address the issues.
Performs other duties as requested or assigned by management.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Experience managing a large billing operation.
- Advanced knowledge of software applications and configuration support
- Knowledge of SDLC Release Management Expertise with tools like Jenkins, Cruise Control, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Advanced know of Aldon LMI for change management and other change management tools
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional communications among multiple teams.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Proficient use of personal computer and software application skills (i.e. Word processing, spreadsheet, Visio, Project, etc.)
- Proven leadership skills
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field is preferred from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
- 5+ years of Prior Leadership Experience
- 3+ years of Demonstrated project management experience
- 5+ years of IT operations management experience
- 8+ years of Billing System platforms
- IT Operations
- Knowledge of broad IT operations and interconnectivity of systems
- Software Deployment and Management
- Office environment
- Travel Required – 5%
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.