Sr. Principal Technologist
Maryland Heights, Missouri
We are all about cutting-edge entertainment and communications. Spectrum Technologists aren’t just keeping up, we’re keeping ahead of the curve on all system layers, including data, processing, and front-end systems. We pair insight with analytics to anticipate coming trends in design, standards and processes, containment and resolution, and more. With hands-on responsiveness to real-time incidents, we ensure system health and security, consulting with project owners on operations, implementation, and system status. Always open to new ideas, we’re researching and recommending new strategies for technical interfaces, automated solutions, and server-related topics to support a smooth and seamless user experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
What makes a successful Spectrum Technologist? Check out the top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
- Team Player
- Goal Oriented
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
Our team is very focused, and there’s a strong collaborative culture here. We share common goals, so compatibility, being supportive of others, and getting support from your team are fundamental. There is real respect for skills here, too. You can come in with a computer science or mathematics background and find something that interests you among all the different working groups and stacks. This is a fast-moving company, and working with cutting-edge technology, like wireless and mobile, is appealing. It’s exciting to see where the business is going and know you have a hand in making ideas a reality.Ramesh, Sr. Director, IT Data Management
Technology unlocks the future
Our new integrated wireless router features next-generation 802.11ax technology.
Connecting you to comprehensive benefits.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 95,000 employees, our advertising solutions, and the products and services we deliver to 26 million customers in 41 states.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
High income potential.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Free and discounted Spectrum services where available.
ResponsibilitiesDate posted 02/08/2019 Requisition Number: 235066BR Location: United States - Missouri - Maryland Heights Area of Interest: Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Provide technical leadership to developers and engineers
- Create proofs-of-concept and prototypes to justify new technology recommendations and approaches.
- Provide estimates / Level of Effort for future initiatives
- Collaborate with multiple IT Ordering teams and other IT organizations
- Reviews documents including project charters, functional requirements, non-functional requirements and high-level designs to ensure detailed design work and implementation can use the information provided
- Compiles work breakdowns for new projects to assist development managers in providing cost and calendar estimates to project teams and maps development progress back to project milestones to proactively identify roadblocks and resolve them
- Conducts detailed analysis of log files and performance statistics of new or existing systems to identify previously unknown performance, functional or security issues and provides recommendations for remediation of issues
- Conducts design reviews, code reviews and deployment procedure reviews with development teams and operations personnel
- Provides troubleshooting and prioritization assistance for defect and performance issues of projects within development and in production
- Provides internal support to other personnel for issues on production systems
- Provides informal training and mentoring to senior technical personnel on platforms, tools and practices
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations as applicable
- Knows, understands and follows company policy
- Performs other duties as requested by manager
- Expert in Java, Spring, and Spring Boot
- Expert in REST API design and implementation
- Understand business needs and recommend technical solutions
- Extensive experience in automation - builds, deployments, and configuration management
- Experience with our preferred tools: Jenkins, Artifactory, Bitbucket, Puppet, and Python.
- Scrum environment experience
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, and suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- A clear passion about technology and technology trends to be constantly aware of new solutions and opportunities to improve
- Ability to demonstrate lateral thinking required to solve complex technical problems
- Ability to collaborate well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis; applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
- Ability to build consensus across interdisciplinary environments (across technical teams, across client domains)
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.