Sr. Software Developer (ATG, AEM, Akamai)Apply Now Date posted 09/10/2019 Requisition Number: 248434BR Location: United States - Missouri - Maryland Heights Area of Interest: Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
We have an opening for a Senior Software Developer within our eCommerce Release Support Team. This team works to manage application releases and associated processes used by a wide variety of sales channels processing thousands of transactions per hour, generating nearly half of all sales revenue for our fortune 100 company! As a technical expert on the team responsible for some of our most critical systems, the ideal candidate must be detail oriented, possess strong business acumen, have strong communication skills, and be driven to succeed.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a leader in a team dedicated to supporting our release processes, the senior software developer’s responsibilities include:
- Quickly responds to incident alerts and support calls. Identifies, and coordinates with, teams critical to the event’s resolution, sets up bridge calls, and escalates when necessary.
- Proactively monitors highly available applications/systems. Interprets and disseminates the information to a variety of audiences, including support teams and internal leadership.
- Performs key tasks to hot-fix and enhancement deployments to production and non-production environments.
- Executes automated and manual smoke tests following maintenance and outage recovery periods.
- Self-educates on new systems, applications, and tools, and requests guidance and training proactively, as needed, to ensure optimum job performance.
- Collaborate with other team members located in various locations, inside and outside the United States, to support the daily online ordering operations in a 24x7 work environment.
- Support and maintain production and non-production physical, virtual, and containerized application servers.
- Create and maintain data flow diagrams, access policies, and application catalog documentation.
- Maintain various system health monitoring and reporting tools.
- Write and maintain scripts for system maintenance and administration.
- Create reports, dashboards, and processes to monitor and analyze availability and performance metrics.
- Work with architects, technologists, and others for future system enhancements and scalability.
- Actively participate in decisions to develop and improve security-based standards and practices.
- Perform application changes, deployments, and DR tasks on a predefined schedule.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting techniques in a high-pressure environment.
- Provide after-hours support on an “as needed” or “on call” basis.
- Serve as a technical SME for other internal and external groups.
- Document systems and procedures.
- Train others in the use of tools, functions, and techniques.
- Assists in elevating the performance of other support team members.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Knowledge of Voice, Data, Video, Wireless technologies
- Understanding of software design patterns and principles
- Ability to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, uncertainty, and incomplete information when evaluating alternatives and making recommendations
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team as well as manage individual tasks
- Creative and abstract thinking skills to envision and design innovative solutions to business opportunities and challenges
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Ability to listen and evaluate all opinions without bias, and contribute to a common culture of excellence
- Extensive technical knowledge of Information Technology field and computer systems
- Strong communication skills (written, interpersonal, presentation), with the ability to easily and effectively interact and negotiate with business stakeholders
- Strong ability to pick up complex concepts and processes quickly
- Proven leadership abilities including ability to share knowledge, resolve conflict and create consensus
- Demonstrated ability to take the lead on the most complex projects
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
6 plus years experience with major DBMS
6 plus years experience with coding, testing and design
6 plus years experience with software development methodologies
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- The ideal applicant will clearly express the following characteristics and competencies:
- Experience with one or more of our key technologies - Oracle Web Commerce (ATG), Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), and Akamai is strongly preferred.
- Very strong communication skills with the ability to capture and articulate technical and non-technical details.
- Experience in an application support role, or equivalent position in a large IT organization.
- Experience in an eCommerce environment preferably selling service based solutions.
- Expert knowledge of middleware platforms such JBOSS, WebLogic, Tomcat, etc.
- Strong working experience and certifications in Linux Server Administration. Windows Administration, Network experience, and associated certifications are a plus.
- Working knowledge of containerization and virtualization technologies such as Docker and various hypervisors.
- Strong expertise using monitoring and diagnostic tools such as SolarWinds, Splunk, or AppDynamics.
- Experience writing advanced Python and/or shell scripts and batch files.
- Experience using source control and deployment tools, such as Automic, Jenkins, Git, and/or Puppet.
- Strong understanding of Waterfall, Scrum, and Kanban development models.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment, leveraging continuous delivery techniques.
- Skilled in identifying design and implementation details within documentation / communication to understand expected application behavior.
- A strong, team oriented spirit and a positive, exuberant personality focused on learning and overcoming obstacles.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.