Tech Lead, eCommerce Engineering
Maryland Heights, Missouri
We are all about cutting-edge entertainment and communications. Spectrum Technologists aren’t just keeping up, we’re keeping ahead of the curve on all system layers, including data, processing, and front-end systems. We pair insight with analytics to anticipate coming trends in design, standards and processes, containment and resolution, and more. With hands-on responsiveness to real-time incidents, we ensure system health and security, consulting with project owners on operations, implementation, and system status. Always open to new ideas, we’re researching and recommending new strategies for technical interfaces, automated solutions, and server-related topics to support a smooth and seamless user experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
What makes a successful Spectrum Technologist? Check out the top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
- Team Player
- Goal Oriented
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
Our team is very focused, and there’s a strong collaborative culture here. We share common goals, so compatibility, being supportive of others, and getting support from your team are fundamental. There is real respect for skills here, too. You can come in with a computer science or mathematics background and find something that interests you among all the different working groups and stacks. This is a fast-moving company, and working with cutting-edge technology, like wireless and mobile, is appealing. It’s exciting to see where the business is going and know you have a hand in making ideas a reality.Ramesh, Sr. Director, IT Data Management
Technology unlocks the future
Our new integrated wireless router features next-generation 802.11ax technology.
Connecting you to comprehensive benefits.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 98,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 28 million customers in 41 states.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
High income potential.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Free and discounted Spectrum services where available.
ResponsibilitiesDate posted 09/18/2019 Requisition Number: 245235BR-2 Location: United States - Missouri - Maryland Heights Area of Interest: Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
In Charter’s IT Ordering Group, you will help implement and enhance our future-state Online Buyflow at spectrum.com. This platform allows new and existing customers to purchase our internet, video, and phone products online. It is a collection of systems composed of Spring Boot APIs, Oracle ATG Web Commerce Platform, and a single-page application based on React.
The Lead eCommerce Engineer will be responsible for finding and implementing technical solutions for our primary business stakeholder, Digital Marketing. The ideal candidate follows technology trends, loves to stay hands-on with the technology, and can contribute to our continuing adoption of DevOps practices. They will be involved with both development and operations work, and need to bring expertise in java, Spring Boot, React, Puppet, or other related technologies.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Creates detailed design documentation and operations procedures documents for new systems and enhancements to existing systems
- Works with peer developers to ensure standards for coding, test automation, version control and build automation are followed by project teams throughout development
- Reviews documents including project charters, functional requirements, non-functional requirements and high-level designs to ensure detailed design work and implementation can use the information provided
- Compiles work breakdowns for new projects to assist development managers in providing cost and calendar estimates to project teams and maps development progress back to project milestones to proactively identify roadblocks and resolve them
- Conducts detailed analysis of log files and performance statistics of new or existing systems to identify previously unknown performance, functional or security issues and provides recommendations for remediation of issues
- Conducts design reviews, code reviews and deployment procedure reviews with development teams and operations personnel
- Provides troubleshooting and prioritization assistance for defect and performance issues of projects within development and in production
- Provides internal support to other personnel for issues on production systems
- Provides informal training and mentoring to senior technical personnel on platforms, tools and practices
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations as applicable
- Knows, understands and follows company policy
- Performs other duties as requested by manager
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, and suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- A clear passion about technology and technology trends to be constantly aware of new solutions and opportunities to improve
- A mastery of infrastructure technologies and concepts is preferred
- Ability to demonstrate lateral thinking required to solve complex technical problems
- Ability to collaborate well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis; applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
- Ability to build consensus across interdisciplinary environments (across technical teams, across client domains)
- Master knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Master knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Master knowledge of network devices and basic network appliances
- Master knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Master knowledge of at least two application server platforms (WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, JBOSS, etc.)
- Master knowledge of at least three development languages (Java, C/C++, ObjectiveC, Perl, Python, ASP/.Net, etc.)
- Master knowledge of at least three developments or test automation tools (ANT, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins, JUnit, JMeter, etc.)
- Master knowledge of at least three development frameworks (Struts, Spring MVC, Spring Security, JQuery, AXIS 2.0, etc.)
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field or related work experience, Master’s Degree preferred
Related Work Experience
12 plus years experience designing or configuring systems and/or applications
8 plus years project management work experience
Experience working in Telecommunications industry
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of company products and services
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.