Spectrum Networks Hawaii Fall 2019 Internship – Local Sports MarketingApply Now Date posted 08/09/2019 Requisition Number: 246951BR Location: United States - Hawaii - Mililani Area of Interest: Production, Sports News, TV Programming Position Type: Intern
Program Dates: September 9, 2019 to November 15, 2019
About Spectrum Networks: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
Experience You Will Gain: Spectrum Networks Internships provides you with meaningful, real-world experience that will aid in developing confidence and marketable skills for the future. Our for-credit Internship will provide you with experiential learning in a professional setting that integrates what you have learned in the classroom. The experience of being a Spectrum Networks Intern will provide you with invaluable experiences in news and sports, and will also allow you to develop your professional skills. You will expand your network and build upon your current resume, all while having fun! Upon the successful completion of the program you will earn a stipend as a thank you for participating.
Spectrum Networks offers internship opportunities in the following area:
· Local Sports Marketing: Shadow sports staff. Assist in producing live sports telecasts, with a focus on generating appropriate social media content.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Complete core assignment (noted above) provided by the respective department and/or functional area
• Complete portfolio project, individually or group based determined by manager
• Attend internship development activities as scheduled
• Shadow Spectrum Networks Team Members
• Participate in rotating opportunities where applicable
• Be enthusiastic, communicative and open to learning new things every day!
Skills/Abilities & Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under time pressure deadline
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate solutions; ability to relate well with diverse populations
• Ability to interface with internal company personnel and build relationships
• Requires ability to adapt proactively and positively solve problems
Eligibility Requirements: Only the best and brightest need apply. To be considered for a Spectrum Networks internship you must:
1. Be in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm degree program
2. Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
3. Students must be 18 years of age or older
4. Must have authorization to work in the U.S
5. Must be willing to participate for a term of 10 weeks (16 to 20 hours weekly)
6. Must agree not to miss more than three (3) days of the internship program
7. Ability to work a flexible schedule that will include weekends and holidays to produce live sporting event telecasts and gain experience working for a local sports network
8. Must receive course credit for participation in the program
9. One (1) letter of recommendation
10. Have a means of transportation to get to a variety of different locations on the Island of O'ahu in order to participate in the live production of high school sports events
• Grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
• Majors in Broadcast Journalism, Communications, Sports Business, Marketing, Finance etc.,
• Demonstrated participation in extracurricular activities a plus
- Office environment
- Remote location production (high school sports venues)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.