Executive Producer - Spectrum NewsApply Now Date posted 12/04/2018 Requisition Number: 229407BR Location: United States - Wisconsin - Milwaukee Zip Code: 53212 Area of Interest: Cable Television Production, Network Television Production, News, Production Position Type: Full Time
Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering news that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment!
Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
JOIN OUR JOURNEY IF…
You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
Managerial oversight for editorial content across multiple platforms during an assigned shift. Includes scripts for special content, politics and breaking news. This may relate to important daily news coverage, franchise, feature, or special event coverage and documentaries.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervisory responsibilities for newsroom staff and station personnel working on newscasts with particular emphasis on Producers, Associate Producers, Reporters, Multi-media Journalists, and News Photographers, ensuring the department’s staffing and assignment needs are met
- Solve the challenges that come with dynamic news coverage
- Develop backups for critical coverage
- Oversee decisions on story lineup, video/audio elements, graphics and timing to construct a show
- Work with Producers to create the newscast product
- May fill in for Producers as needed
- Produce special programming as needed
- Perform writing, editing and digitizing functions as needed
- Generate story and coverage ideas on a daily and long-term basis
- Follow through on all assignments meeting required deadlines
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Proficient at inspiring staff to attain station goals of creativity, urgency and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and interact with all personnel within the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to work rapidly and accurately
- Ability to anticipate situations, meet strict deadlines, organize and manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of current events and industry trends
- Pro-active with demonstrated enthusiasm in dealing with breaking news and high-stress situations
- Ability to effectively train others
- Basic editing skills
- Must adhere to attendance guidelines
- Must be able and willing to work different shifts and be flexible with schedule changes
- Working knowledge of general office computer software, newsroom software and basic non-linear editing systems preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred or comparable television work experience
Related Work Experience
5+ Years Producing and executive producing experience in television news
2+ Years Management experience
Works primarily inside a climate controlled environment throughout the year but might be assigned field duties on occasion
Works in an open newsroom setting with a semi-noisy environment
May be required to lift up to 5 pounds
Spectrum Networks is a growing organization, with 31 Networks across 12 States. Our commitment is to create relevant, timely content essential in the day to day lives of the people who live in the communities we serve. Additionally, our breadth allows us to share relevant content across our nation-wide networks, increasing our opportunity to share timely stories. We truly believe in continually redefining and re-establishing how we engage with our viewers and their local communities. Each Spectrum Networks’ employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude!
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go