Sr. National Sales Support Specialist - Ad SalesApply Now Date posted 01/17/2019 Requisition Number: 231714BR Location: United States - Wisconsin - Milwaukee Zip Code: 53212 Area of Interest: Ad Buying and Inventory, Ad Sales, Internet/Online/New Media, Market/Media Research, Sales Position Type: Full Time
The Senior NSS Specialist is a “lead” role in that it may mentor or be the reference point for the more entry level NSS Specialists on the team. The Senior Specialist is experienced with Sales Support on the local, National or Digital side of the business. The Senior Specialist reports to a National Sales Director or Manager. This position plays a key role in translating customer advertising objectives into data driven and effective ad schedules. This key team member is integral in helping the sales team to maximize multiscreen solutions, which has a direct impact on our ability to deliver and exceed on client’s marketing and advertising expectations. This individual will have a passion for marketing and advertising sales and will be closely aligned with other sales team members and cross functional groups. This position requires strong communication skills and strong attention to detail, in a faced paced sales environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under broader supervision than the National Sales Support Specialist, responsible for Account management for National Sales Manager and the markets they are responsible for. Examples include building a client in CRM to inputting orders in Strata View 32, to working with internal Spectrum Reach departments to create schedules and book an order through the system.
- Operate in a “Lead” role, as a mentor to National Sales Support Specialists within the market cluster; may train NSS Specialists as they come aboard
- Analyze and utilize inventory reports to creatively develop effective, executable proposals and work as a liaison between the Pricing and Planning Manager on high profile programming avails.
- Proactively reviews client schedules/performance and provides recommendations for enhancements including adding autofill/UD as necessary(post campaign management).
- Manages linear and digital order processing through the affiliate site including checking inventory availability and iterative development with NCC.
- Manages revisions throught the affifilate site with proper communication to NCC
- Monitors campaign for any needed changes (and related make goods) by liaising with the National Sales Manager, Operations and NCC.
- Exercises judgment to manage make-goods and pre-emptions by providing options to NCC to ensure that all revenue is being added back in as quickly as possible.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload based on sales team’s needs and internal deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication with internal and external customers on a daily basis.
- Work cross functionally with Pricing and Inventory to ensure that all inventory is used effectively and priced appropriately and provide rate guidance to NCC when necessary especially as it relates to political business
- Investigate billing or copy issues as Tier 2 support for NCC. Including reviewing unconfirmed status reports
- Assist the NSM and DOS in providing preliminary schedule building and pricing support with the avail process
- Review avails negotiated by NSM and NCC to ensure that HPOS/Sports/News events are included and inventory is available on the avail.
- Help provide agency and client field work with presentations including research and digital product knowledge
- May have contact with Clients at discretion of NSM and NSD
- Provide reporting as necessary for appropriate NSM and NCC
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Experience in computer software including MS Office and Spreadsheets at a minimum is required; any experience in software similar to our sales support packages preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Proven track record writing effective reports and business correspondence.
- Experience effectively communicating in written and verbal form
- Experience communicating and interacting with external clients in a sales or related role
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communications with overarching skill to translate data, information, and research into powerful points of view—ability to craft and tell a compelling story.
- Needs to have the ability to decipher between client needs, for example, ‘branding’ campaigns VS ‘call to action’ and the difference between those schedules.
- Familiar with writing rationales and/or agency POVs (“Point of Views”)
- Ability to line up psychographics of client’s customer with various cable network programming
- Clear knowledge of media terms as well as media formulas & calculation- Needs to know how to estimate ratings.
- Ability to back-up work and have good logic to creating schedules.
- Team-oriented and ability to work with different personalities.
- Cooperative and helpful outlook.
- Detail-oriented, analytical-minded and want to learn
- Needs to be able to adapt to change, multi-task and prioritize tasks well.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
Required: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Related Work Experience
- Familiarity with and experience in digital marketing; understanding of online campaign development, metrics, and optimization strategies. (1+ years)
- Prior experience as National Sales Support Specialist, Account Coordinator, Account Planner, or related Media background (Ad agency, Media etc) required (1+ year)
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- 3-5 years of previous experience in an Advertising Agency, Media, and/or Advertising Sales team is highly preferred.
- Experience and strong knowledge of research databases, tools and applications, including (but not limited to) Nielsen, Scarborough, MRI, Kantar, BIA/Kelsey, eMarketer, and comScore are preferred
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.