Digital Content Partnerships Manager- Spectrum Networks NortheastApply Now Date posted 07/29/2020 Requisition Number: 265565BR Location: United States - New York - New York City Area of Interest: Content Development, News Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: Digital Content Partnerships Manager, responsible for managing the editorial aspects of external content partner relationships for Spectrum News, including overseeing partner content planning and delivery as well as maintaining the business/partner relationship.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Manage day-to-day partner relationships for respective region, including associated editorial workflows: partnership content planning, curation and delivery.
- Manage content for invoicing.
- Manage region’s contract renewals.
- Identify and research potential new partnerships as needed.
- Assist in new partner outreach and onboarding.
- Attend and participate in daily internal editorial meetings: communicate partnership stories, identify areas for supplemental / complimentary coverage.
- Establish regular communication channels with partners to discuss story planning, selection and delivery.
- Create a system to organize and share partnership story planning, including story topic and expected delivery date, with internal digital editorial leadership.
- Regularly review partner sites, newsletters, social channels for stories of interest.
- Ensure selections meet Spectrum News editorial standards.
- Consult as needed with any relevant internal parties around editorial standards / potential overlap.
- Ensure timely partner submissions.
- Keep detailed records of posted content to ensure meeting contractual obligations.
- Stay up-to-date on where contracts stand, flag contracts up for renewal, work with internal teams and partners to facilitate those renewals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Experience working within a newsroom, understands editorial process, editorial standards
- Experience in coordinating and curating coverage as well as building and managing external-facing relationships
- Strong editorial judgement
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively internally and externally
- Familiarity with local markets preferred
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field
- 5+ years Newsroom editorial experience
- 2+ years Management, partnership outreach experience
- Previous digital news production experience preferred
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotatio
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.