Digital Content Weather Producer - Spectrum NetworksApply Now Date posted 01/08/2021 Requisition Number: 272072BR Location: United States - New York - New York City Area of Interest: Digital, News, Production Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: The Digital Content Weather Producer is responsible for creating weather content for the Spectrum News mobile app across multiple markets and dayparts. Produce compelling video, written, and interactive content to provide context and perspective for Spectrum customers. Will work closely with on-camera meteorologists to ensure that their weather storytelling is compelling, well-produced, and is in accordance with the Spectrum Networks Digital Style Guide. In addition, the Weathercaster/Producer will also be responsible for anchoring app video and live elements as needed.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Produce written, video, photo, graphic, and audio weather content for multiple markets around the country.
- Use meteorological weather pattern knowledge to create regionally targeted content for multiple markets across the country.
- Conceive of and create new compelling weather and science-based stories.
- Stay aware of current meteorological pattern and contribute stories to the weather-content editorial process.
- Coordinate with editorial news teams and digital teams, fellow weather producers, and station meteorologists to assure continuity in weather storytelling.
- Create social media content utilizing best practices for various platforms.
- Assist with the generation, aggregation, management and utilization of user-generated content.
- Operate Adobe CQ5 and Experience Manager content management system for publication of stories.
- Use online tools to manage news channel’s social media accounts.
- Work within design programs like Adobe Photoshop and Premiere, WSI graphics, and Infographic programs to produce high quality digital visuals to accompany content.
- Support coverage of significant weather events.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to disseminate complex meteorological information in a usable and understandable manner
- Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of social media and its role in the information and content gathering process
- Knowledge of Adobe CQ5 and Experience Manager content management system for publication of stories
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of TruVu Max weather systems
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, web scripting and FTP
- Knowledge of broad-based computer applications is strongly preferred
- Ability to work under time pressure deadlines
- Ability to tell engaging stories in the digital space by adding video assets, photos, social, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, involving cross-functional teams, in an efficient manner
- Creative problem solving skills and unique resourcefulness in order to complete tasks
- Quickly learns and applies new technologies
- Customer focused, innovative, and self-motivated
- Receives feedback constructively and incorporates that feedback into work products and performance
- Attention to detail
- Maintains high standards for product, performance, and ethics
- Effectively contributes to team goals within a highly interactive, and at times, stressful environment
- Thorough comprehension of numerical models
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe Premiere
- Familiarity with internet publishing workflow, including experience with a content management system, image editing software, video editing tools and social media platforms
Education & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in meteorology, atmospheric science, design, or a related field
- 2+ years Editorial experience producing weather, news, or lifestyle content
- 2+ years Reporting experience in news or weather
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.