Direct Sales Account Executive - Ad SalesApply Now Date posted 01/29/2019 Requisition Number: 230723BR Location: United States - New York - New York City Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Internet/Online/New Media, Promotions/Advertising, Sales Position Type: Full Time
The Direct Sales Account Executive has responsibility to drive a multi-million dollar business by strategically developing internal and external relationships and know-how of operational needs in order to form a centralized revenue driven approach to the
unreserved and long form business. The account executive provides strategy, process development, negotiation, pricing/packaging, contracts, reporting, client relationship and development. This individual will report to the Senior Director of Unreserved & Multimarket Sales based in New York City. Additionally will work with country wide Sales leadership and Large Advertising Agencies to provide training, direction, and overall guidance in the category/vertical.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Increase category advertising revenue with respective client list and develop new business and share for the full division.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with all long form partners
- Responsible for negotiating terms for all full and part time long form partners
- Collaborate and work cross platform with Sales Operations and Programming departments to launch networks and revise changes to channel programming
- Maintain a working knowledge of all key category partners.
- Go on sales calls with current and prospective clients to maximize advertising revenue and market share from accounts in the assigned vertical.
- Guide Sales Planners in the creation of client centric specialized media plans.
- Solicit prospective accounts and their agencies directly.
- Have in person contact with the top personal with in your assigned agencies and vertical.
- Deliver monthly updates on industry trends in group sales meetings.
- Support and engage individual and team sales efforts of Advanced Advertising, Long Form, Unwired and Unreserved along with any other company initiatives.
- Achieve monthly/quarterly/yearly sales budget for assigned budged.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in local/national broadcast, local/network cable or satellite media.
- Three years’ experience working with top NYC Agencies and/or media buying services and relationships with C-suite Agency personnel.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, supervisory, motivational, organizational, research and analytical skills and the ability to work independently.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and presentation skills
- Must be computer proficient, including knowledge of advertising sales software, Microsoft office.
Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Some national travel required.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go