Director of News, Enterprise Sales - Ad SalesApply Now Date posted 01/18/2019 Requisition Number: 231056BR Location: United States - New York - New York City Zip Code: 10019 Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Internet/Online/New Media, News, Promotions/Advertising, Sales, Strategic Planning Position Type: Full Time
Spectrum Reach (www.spectrumreach.com) is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. Driven by data, we offer customized, advanced advertising solutions utilizing national and local cable networks, Digital advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. ..
This person reports to the Division Vice President responsible for Spectrum News sales. This is a high level direct sales role, focusing on Spectrum News sponsorships across the enterprise for our Owned and Operated news channels.
Essential Job Competencies:
- Achieving assigned Spectrum News revenue budgets
- Direct selling of Spectrum News enterprise sponsorships to National Brand CMOs and advertising agencies.
- Development of creative content partnerships to drive News Sales revenues
- Contributing in the creation and implementation of an Enterprise News sales strategy, in collaboration with the Senior Director of News Sales and the News Sales organization
- Developing knowledge set and collaboration with all systems and processes within Spectrum News Operations
- Rate & inventory management
- Sponsorship value proposition
- Positioning the brand for success within the advertising community
- Interacting closely with the enterprise sales leaders Nationwide
- Working closely with the Spectrum Networks News Directors as necessary to drive revenue without damaging the brand and its growth
- Working closely with Spectrum News Marketing teams on enterprise opportunities
- Working with Spectrum Reach Research team on relevant positioning and sales opportunities
- Working with Kernel on video billboard integration for all news sponsorships across the enterprise
- Develop, train, and participate in relevant calls with sales teams to maximize advertising revenue and market share from accounts in the assigned vertical
- Achieve monthly/quarterly/yearly sales quota for Enterprise News
- Working cross functionally with Divisional Vice President and Regional Vice Presidents across the enterprise in collaboration with the Senior Director of News Sales
- 8-10+ years in related News media/advertising Sales with a proven successful track record of meeting and exceeding direct sales goals.
- Proven background in a Sales role interfacing with high level decision makers (i.e. CMOs, National Level Agencies)
- Proven track record of inspiring and building client strategy teams.
- Sales Leadership Experience and proven background in collaborative roles a plus
- Deep knowledge of advertising infrastructure, ad operations, data analytics, yield analysis, advanced Digital media platforms, Interactive Media, client & relationship development.
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills. Critical thinking, problem solving, and superior customer focus.
- Strong strategic, interpersonal, communication, collaboration, presentation and time-management skills and ability to execute initiatives within the team and company as well as customers. An innate desire to build lasting partnerships with both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
Leadership experience (7-10+ yrs)
Sales Experience (10+ yrs)
Frequent travel; 20% +
Driving is a requirement for this position. Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.