HR Coordinator- Spectrum News NY1Apply Now Date posted 01/08/2019 Requisition Number: 233249BR Location: United States - New York - New York City Zip Code: 10011 Area of Interest: Cable Television Production, Human Resources, Network Television Production, News, Television/Programming Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: The HR Coordinator will assist with the day-to-day coordination of Human Resources processes, programs and initiatives including but not limited to, recruiting support where applicable, scheduling of new hire orientation and continued training, benefit administration, entering of employee data and employment changes into the company’s HRIS system, maintaining employees records in the Company’s Records Management System and work closely with ESC and Environment Health and Safety on leave of absence requests. May handle more complex and diverse human resources tasks.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage sensitive and confidential information
- Maintain records and files in accordance with state and federal laws
- Process Human Resources paperwork in a timely manner
- Conduct new employee orientation and assist with on-boarding process
- Respond to and route employee questions and concerns
- Assist with the appropriate routing of employee relation issues
- Support employee recognition activities
- Contribute to and maintain accurate HRIS data
- Generate and prepare identified HR reports as required
- May assist with educating employees regarding company benefits
- Assist HR Leaders with the administration of leaves of absence and Workers' Compensation
- May assist with recruiting and staffing from internal and external sources
- Perform general office administrative work
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to communicate in a clear concise manner
- Ability to effectively multi task
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to use personal computer and strong knowledge of software applications including but not limited to MS Office
- Working knowledge of HRMS database systems
- Ability to work under very limited supervision
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding Employment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Post High School training in Human Resources or related field or equivalent work experience
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources preferred
- 1+ year human resources support experience
- 1+ year administrative experience
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go