Linear Product Manager - MediaApply Now Date posted 12/20/2018 Requisition Number: 232624BR Location: United States - New York - New York City Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Information Technology Services, Internet/Online/New Media, Product Management, Project/Program Management, Research and Development, Strategic Planning, Systems Position Type: Full Time
The Product Development Manager will be responsible for defining and launching a leading product development process (from ideation to successful product launch) to be used by all lines of business. This role will assume leadership in ad hoc cross-functional team building and input gathering and will be at the center of a fast paced, highly visible effort. The role will report to the Director of Product Management but will operate in a highly matrixed environment with numerous key stakeholders.
Who Are We?
Spectrum Reach (www.spectrumreach.com) grows businesses of all sizes with custom, multiscreen advertising solutions, backed by the power of TV, data, innovation, community experts, and unforgettable creative.
What We Look For In Everyone At Spectrum Reach…
Our team player way of life is what makes us a great organization to work for. We focus on the goals and reach them regardless of the multiple tasks we have on our plates. We look for those outgoing individuals who want to exceed those goals and make a difference. You know the value of organization and can prioritize effectively. The excellent verbal and written communication/support you can provide to internal, external, and client teams is how you make a positive impact.
What Is The Manager, Product Management Role?
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Deeply understand industry best practices in product development process specific to the Cable or telecommunications space and translate appropriate steps for unique organization and market position.
- Collaborative information gathering to translate high level process goals into specific sub-processes with appropriate documentation.
- Develop communication plan for stakeholders and process participants.
- Proactively identify analysis to support the effort and conduct with deep analytics when appropriate while maintaining an eye toward the bigger picture.
- Support the development and communication of Product Strategies dependent on new services/features to drive financial results. Work with engineering, product management peers, marketing stakeholders and key market areas on implementing strategy.
- Lead content and product launches and enhancements of products in the two Charter Operating Units to include working with Corporate Engineering, Corporate and Field Marketing and Field Engineering.
We appreciate enthusiasm and dedication at Spectrum Reach. That is why we invested time to create a comprehensive unified Career Path. With multiple ways to progress, start on a learning course and see how far you can go.
The Benefits Are Clear…
In addition to the core benefits — industry-leading retirement savings plans, comprehensive health care, and paid time off — we offer access to free and discounted Spectrum products and services where available, education assistance, and a wide selection of other programs and perks to help support you and your family at every stage of life.
Here Is What It Takes To Get Started…
- Product Management and/or Product Development Experience Required, preferably in Cable, Telecommunications, Software or Web Services
- Aptitude and eagerness to learn from a new environment and make an impact quickly
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Ability to lead large, cross-functional teams in order to achieve business goals and results
- Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations
- Strong communication, computer and analytical skills
- Undergraduate degree strongly preferred or equivalent work experience
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Technical degree a plus
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.