Marketing Analyst- Spectrum Networks NYCApply Now Date posted 10/13/2020 Requisition Number: 268762BR Location: United States - New York - New York City Area of Interest: Marketing, Research/Analysis Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: The Marketing Analyst will lead and execute viewership and market research projects in their assigned regions, as well as provide support for the rapidly growing Audience Insights team.
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative data provided by internal and external partners to better understand the TV audience
- Assist news directors, marketing, PR, media sales, creative and production teams with research
- Analyze and interpret both linear and digital data, prepare reports of findings and share the results as requested
- Research competitive landscape to identify viewership trends and network performance
- Participate in the process of determining a schedule to air new programs
- Provide support to market research projects
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Experience analyzing data in Microsoft Excel (strong knowledge preferred, but not required)
- Experience analyzing data with one or more of the following tools: Adobe Analytics, Chartbeat, CrowdTangle (knowledge preferred, but not required)
- Excellent organization skills, strategic planning, written and oral communications, public speaking, business writing and computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Understanding of TV research analysis, marketing, media production, advertising sales, communications and digital media
- Dynamic personality to be able to effectively communicate with both internal and external partners
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn, understand, and grow with the business
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of Market research or related experience
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.