Marketing Coordinator - Spectrum NetworksApply Now Date posted 11/30/2019 Requisition Number: 252200BR Location: United States - New York - New York City Area of Interest: Marketing, News Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: Under general supervision, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and implementing marketing materials, campaigns and events.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support day-to-day efforts of consumer marketing group, with an emphasis on digital marketing
- Understand brand positioning; able to assist in the development of strategic marketing plans and executions
- Coordinate and communicate with other departments and external agencies regarding the planning, creation and implementation of marketing campaigns across the Spectrum Networks footprint
- Oversee creative and media trafficking process
- Write and proofread copy for digital ad placements (i.e. social, native, etc.)
- Gather and consolidate data for cross-channel marketing campaigns; create decks to report on performance, ensure goals are being met and develop key learnings for future initiatives
- Assist with planning and execution of events throughout the Spectrum Networks footprint; travel to local markets to assist with event production
- Communicate clearly and effectively, with an emphasis on written communication
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Knowledge of cross-channel advertising techniques
- Knowledge of direct sales and telemarketing procedures
- Experience executing cross-channel marketing campaigns, with a strong focus on digital channels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced time management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Interest in the news and media industry
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms, to bend, to talk and hear, and to read and use a computer
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to use, handle, and manipulate objects such as paper, pencils, keyboards, and mouse
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work while seated for prolonged periods of time
- Knowledge and ability to use the following office equipment computer, telephone, copier, fax, calculator, and stapler
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Proficient knowledge of personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, Internet etc.)
- Vision ability close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College course work in Marketing or related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Marketing experience (agency experience preferred)
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.