Master Control Operator I - Spectrum News NY1Apply Now Date posted 09/06/2019 Requisition Number: 246618BR Location: United States - New York - New York City Area of Interest: News, Technical Operations, TV Programming Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: This position is responsible for providing audio and video control room support to the station.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Control Room Technician:
- Mixes audio
- Sets up studio sets
- Operates robotic camera
- Operates still store
- Calls up teleprompter scripts
- Provides lighting support
- Monitors, maintains and controls the outgoing signal and computer program that drives the air servers
- Switches programming
- Counts in and out of live events
- Operates and trouble shoots server
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Associates degree, technical school degree or equivalent preferred. Four year college degree preferred
- Entry level position. Minimum 1 year experience in a control or master control room or similar environment a plus. General experience working in a TV station is helpful to production
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.