Media Research & Strategy Manager - Spectrum NetworksApply Now Date posted 02/13/2020 Requisition Number: 255642BR Location: United States - New York - New York City Area of Interest: Research and Development Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: The Media Research & Strategy Manager is responsible for providing support with Media Research, Planning and Strategy functions within the Audience Insights Department across traditional and digital media. Develop and lead research/strategy initiatives.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Media Research team by using data to develop audience insights that will guide media strategy, media planning and execution
- Responsible for gaining an understanding of business needs and recommend research solutions based on the business needs
- Maintain knowledge of key industry and product trends, including internal customer research and industry research (news/telecom/cable/media/digital/sports)
- Monitor competitive strategies to identify new opportunities
- Fulfill various ad hoc requests for research as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Skills/Abilities & Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Experience with data analysis, interpretation, presentation, and delivery
- Ability to support the complete research process, including outside agencies, partners, consultants and vendors
- Knowledge of all major research methodologies, leading companies, associations, publications, industry trends and innovations
- Strong interest in television and/or media research preferred
- Excellent communication, analytical and writing skills are a must and candidate must be able to work well with others in both research and non-research areas
- Experience with Nielsen, ComScore/Rentrak, MRI, Scarborough, Simmons, and Kantar Media data
- Experience with digital monitoring and tracking tools, including Chartbeat, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, CrowdTangle
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to implement changes rapidly that positively impact media performance
- Highly motivated, resourceful and self-directed with the ability to deliver under pressure
- Must be detailed-oriented, while seeing trends, themes and macro impacts
- Ability to work well with people from all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail, balanced with the ability to think strategically
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-performing team environment
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) from a four-year college or university, preferably in related field of study
- Additional research academia, training, certification, memberships or research affiliations are all relevant
- 3-5 years of Media research experience, agency, publisher and/or client side
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.