Photographer/Truck Operator - Spectrum News NY1Apply Now Date posted 11/25/2019 Requisition Number: 251862BR Location: United States - New York - New York City Area of Interest: News, TV Programming Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: The Photographer/Truck Operator works closely with the Assignment Desk.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take daily assignments and responds promptly; driving the DSNG vehicle to breaking news locations
- Use best practices to establish live transmission from the location
- Shoot video, including VO, SOTS, reporters’ packages, live shots, and other material as needed and as directed by the Assignment Desk, News managers, or Field Operations Manager
- Edit video as needed on Final Cut Pro X and use Latakoo to feed elements when needed
- Maintain communications with the Assignment Desk, producers, and Ingest Departments throughout the shift
- Act in a field producer role, keeping overall editorial and operational needs and standards in consideration and be the point of contact for overall organization at their assignments
- Oversee safety practices at their location
- Perform regular inspection checks on all of the equipment and submit weekly written reports
- Perform minor repairs, maintenance, and cleaning on the vehicles and equipment
- Work on special remote productions, including multi-camera live remotes, and will be expected to maintain a working knowledge of multi-camera live production methods
Skills/Abilities & Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Microwave, satellite, bonded cellular, and IP transmission
- Strong knowledge of audio and video production techniques, especially lighting and multi-camera setups
- Strong knowledge of audio and video production standards
- Familiarity with Panasonic P2 cameras, Panasonic 4K cameras, Sony FS5s, FS7s, and A6500s, GoPro cameras, Osmo cameras, Vinten tripods, Dejero and TVU transmitters, Teleprompters, and other standard ENG and EFP equipment. Familiarity with Asset Management systems
- Ability to edit using Final Cut Pro X, other similar systems, and to feed using Latakoo and other file transfer methods
- Strong knowledge of safety practices
- Knowledge New York City and surrounding area geography
- Strong knowledge of basic electrical systems and soldering
- Strong knowledge of basic electronics
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience preferred
- 1 year minimum doing field work in the industry. Relevant experience will be considered
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.