Digital Producer - Spectrum News NY1Apply Now Date posted 01/02/2019 Requisition Number: 231584BR Location: United States - New York - New York City Zip Code: 10011 Area of Interest: Cable Television Production, Network Television Production, News, Television/Programming Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: Responsible for producing new and innovative content series for non-linear platforms across the Spectrum Networks footprint. Contribute to stories and facilitate execution.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop concepts and write news stories for compelling digital reports through continuous research and community outreach
- Participate in pitching of story concepts and strategizing around execution including story detail and how to best prepare reporters
- Stay familiar with trends within the industry to support creative direction
- Assist with scheduling and logistics between internal groups and external partners including securing images, confirming venues, etc.
- Collaborate with others on team to coordinate all aspects of shoot; analyze subject material, select equipment, lighting, angle and background; select and present subject to achieve desired effect, with attention to lighting, background composition and style; may be called on to shoot in some scenarios
- Compose and publish text, video and images to site using online publishing tools and other software programs
- Work within design programs like Adobe Photoshop to produce high quality digital visuals to accompany content
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Must demonstrate proficiency at multi-tasking and must have the ability to prioritize, work independently and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate solutions; and able to relate well with diverse populations and age groups
- Knowledge of current events and industry trends
- Ability to tell engaging stories in the digital space by adding video assets, photos, social, etc.
- Familiarity with the local market and national politics
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field or comparable television work experience preferred
- 3+ years of television news experience
- Normal office environment
- Works primarily inside a climate controlled environment throughout the year but might be assigned field duties on occasion
- Works in an open newsroom setting with a semi-noisy environment
- May be required to lift up to 5 pounds
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
- Local travel up to X% in company car and may require additional trips
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go