Project Manager, Digital - Spectrum NetworksApply Now Date posted 11/28/2019 Requisition Number: 252106BR Location: United States - New York - New York City Area of Interest: News, Project Management Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: The Spectrum News digital team is looking for a Project Manager that specializes in digital and audio content strategy and idea generation. In this exciting role you will be managing the launch of digital news franchises, including video, social media, and podcasts. You will also oversee training materials for news staff around digital and social media best practices to help elevate Spectrum News storytelling to compete in the digital landscape.
A successful candidate must have an understanding and passion for podcasts, digital content and social media, enjoy brainstorming and working with a variety of personalities and teams. A candidate should also have a keen eye for detail, be comfortable working on several complex projects at once, and have excellent time management and organizational skills. We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who is adept at coordinating several moving pieces and helping others overcome new challenges. The job requires a strong interest in digital/social culture and trends, local news and politics, and will require managing projects and initiatives across the country—you will travel to our newsrooms!
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Brainstorm, develop, manage and execute franchise digital content including but not limited to news series, podcasts, events, etc.
- Develop and manage strategies for executing new concepts as well as consistently looking for ways to improve workflow surrounding current initiatives
- Build and manage timelines for projects with a variety of teams and stakeholders
- Develop, implement and manage content calendars to support news franchises and initiatives
- Establish project management process and methodologies to ensure digital content productions remain on schedule and are delivered as planned. Monitor content output and provide feedback
- Create and present digital/social media training decks, one-sheets, and other materials as required by a given challenge at hand
- Manage elements between internal departments and third-party partners to execute projects on time and within budget
- Conceptualize, create and present strategy decks, documents, and materials for a variety of initiatives
- Create and present recap decks, documents, and materials showcasing project successes as well as needs for improvement
- Manage concepts and feedback from external and internal partners to create a path of action
- Share inspiration and knowledge from keeping up with trade publication studies and news
- Problem solve. Every week will bring new challenges and opportunities. Comfort in flexibility and shifting challenges is key.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills/Abilities & Knowledge
- Familiarity with social media platforms and their respective best practices and optimization tactics. These may include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Reddit, Tik Tok, Quora, etc.
- Familiarity with digital CMS platforms
- Familiarity with SEO, Email, Video, Social, and Web optimization
- Proficiency in presentation applications Keynote & PowerPoint
- Understanding of podcasts and audio storytelling preferred. You will be part of a team responsible for launching podcast projects across the country. Familiarity with podcast creation/production a plus
- Familiarity digital metrics and content creation tools such as GA, Omniture, Crowdtangle, Social media analytics suites, Google Trends, CMS platforms, etc.
- Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills
- Basic understanding of design concepts (Photoshop or related software skills a plus)
- Basic understanding of video storytelling (Premiere/Final Cut software skills a plus)
- Basic understanding of podcast/audio storytelling and production process (Audio production/editing skills not required)
- Successful history of idea generation and project execution
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Above average organizational and time management skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years project management (ideation, strategy, and execution) experience at an agency or content/news publisher
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.