Sr Manager, Strategy Activation - MediaApply Now Date posted 03/11/2019 Requisition Number: 234744BR Location: United States - New York - New York City Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Digital, Internet/Online/New Media, Product Management, Strategic Planning Position Type: Full Time
The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure that the product strategy team and the broader product management organization is able to well transition strategies to executable plans within the product team and across the other cross functional teams including the PMO organization. Within the product strategy group, this will include helping develop and shepherd the key activities required to move an approved vision or strategy (i.e. automation, impression-based selling, data monetization) to executable work streams. These may be self-contained within the product organization, may be co-managed with other groups such as ops, or may be fully transitioned to a core product or other functional group lead. This role will also serve as the primary coordinator and organizing agent to integrate and document the advanced advertising team’s product roadmap and priorities for communication to other groups such as Video Product, Engineering Operations, Sales, PMO, Finance and executive leadership.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure strategies developed and approved can be appropriately transitioned to execution phases by developing processes and tools to manage that transition successfully. This may include developing prioritization criteria, identifying resources/team structure, creating tools for use by the product strategy team to document business needs for key initiatives, and creating consistent methods and procedures.
- Incubate the execution of these plans as needed by leading the project teams responsible for delivery. Provide business context, coordinate stakeholders, defining key tasks and organized cross functional efforts.
- Transition the execution of these plans when ready to the appropriate internal team responsible for the next phase of execution. Provide support as needed to that core team.
- Communicate with senior leadership on exceptions or issues arriving with key initiatives.
- Coordinate with the broader product management team to facilitate the creation integrated priorities and product roadmaps for consumption by key stakeholders within the Spectrum Reach team. Do this by defining and facilitating a standard process with a regular cadence for all VPs within the advanced ads and data product team to align priorities and roadmaps.
- Document, update, and customize the view of an integrated roadmap bi-annually for various internal stakeholders including operations, engineering, finance, executive leadership and sales.
- Work with Spectrum Reach operations and PMO to integrate those priorities into the overall company business planning, prioritization, and coordination process with the executive leadership team and other groups in the core cable company such as Video product management
- Coordinate the onboarding of Inventory partners in support of product strategy business lead negotiating the terms.
- Serve as primary liaison from product strategy team to legal and procurement for management of all contracts with vendors and partners. This may expand to include research and data contract management as well.
- Coordinate KPI tracking and reporting for product strategy team.
- Develop executive presentations to communicate content and status of programs managed by the strategy team.
- Good knowledge of advanced advertising products and services including TV, digital, mobile and video ad products and back office systems.
- 5+ years of experience in project or product management in advertising, media or internet technology field.
- Proven track record in working in cross functional teams to drive product initiatives to delivery.
- Ability to build and foster relationships by developing, maintaining and strengthening partnerships with others inside or outside the organization
- Experience in contract management with third party partners and vendors.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to address issues using a logical, systematic, structured approach
- Self-started with strong executive communication skills (written, presentation, and verbal)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office; knowledge of budgeting, P&L reports, systems and procedures
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to motivate others in matrix organizations.
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications
reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified
employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum
qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability,
national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal,
state or local laws.