Jr. Microsoft Systems AdministratorApply Now Date posted 06/05/2018 Requisition Number: 208091BR Location: United States - Florida - Orlando Area of Interest: Cable Television Production, Engineering/Technical Operations, Network Television Production, News, Television/Programming Position Type: Full Time
Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
JOIN OUR JOURNEY IF…
You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
A Spectrum Networks Jr. Microsoft Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining the broadcast I.T. infrastructure while providing service to broadcast operations, media management, and transmission platforms in a 24/7 news broadcast environment. The position requires the individual to act independently through the use of skills, experience, and training to actively manage broadcast I.T. systems and resolve client issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Primary Responsibilities (60%) – Broadcast I.T. System Administration
- Responsible for administrating Broadcast I.T. infrastructure including routers, switches, Active Directory, NAS, and SAN.
- Plan continuous Broadcast I.T. infrastructure component updates to further increase system reliability and stability under the guidance of management.
- Refine and improve current applications and systems for user experience.
- Propose best practice solutions and document workflows that addresses system deficiencies
and user needs.
- Insures adherence to corporate I.T. policies and best practices for Broadcast I.T. infrastructure
Manage vendors and system integrators in broadcast I.T. system new builds or upgrades.
- Provide onsite support for broadcast I.T. systems and network infrastructure supporting 24/7
news production and origination
- Capture and gather logs and work collaboratively with technical teams to escalate and follow up on reported issues with vendors to maintain continuity in on-air broadcast
- The individual must be able to travel and work weekends as assigned to support live news broadcasts and to support any broadcast IT issues that arise
- Will troubleshoot equipment and recommend appropriate solutions including vendor repair, in
house repair or equipment replacement
- Installs and upgrades systems components and software
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum two year degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience in a Broadcast environment.
- Administration background within a broadcast I.T. environment.
- Good understanding of video formats, file transfer protocols, and Media Asset Management (MAM) systems.
- Working understanding of network equipment including switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Administrative knowledge of Mac, Windows, Linux Operating Systems.
- Administrative knowledge of Windows 2003/2008/2012 server and SQL Enterprise server.
- Must be able to work independently with limited direct supervision.
- Must be able to meet schedule requirements.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Individual could be asked to be on call.
- Schedule is subject to change.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Spectrum Networks is a growing organization, with 31 Networks across 12 States. Our commitment is to create relevant, timely content essential in the day to day lives of the people who live in the communities we serve. Additionally, our breadth allows us to share relevant content across our nation-wide networks, increasing our opportunity to share timely stories. We truly believe in continually redefining and re-establishing how we engage with our viewers and their local communities. Each Spectrum Networks’ employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude!
Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go