Digital Producer-Spectrum Networks OrlandoApply Now Date posted 05/20/2020 Requisition Number: 262851BR Location: United States - Florida - Orlando Area of Interest: Content Programming, News Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: The Digital Producer is responsible for producing innovative news content for non-linear platforms across the Spectrum Networks footprint. Contribute to news stories and facilitate execution in a deadline driven environment that embraces creativity.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write, copyedit, and prioritize enterprise and breaking news content under the direction of the Digital Executive Producer
- Take an active role in adapting Spectrum News content effectively for digital platforms
- Work collaboratively with news producers and assignment editors to aggressively pursue new, interesting, developing stories and use news judgment to effectively prioritize when and how they are presented across all digital platforms
- Collaborate with news reporting staff on presentation of their stories on the website and social media, utilizing best practices
- Apply SEO techniques to increase visibility of content
- Participate in news editorial meetings to provide story ideas and digital content suggestions
- Interact with followers on the network’s social media accounts and grow the audience
- Work collaboratively with the local digital team and other members of the digital team across the Spectrum Networks footprint on items including editorial projects and network initiatives
- When assigned, work with other departments on initiatives that require content integration
- Work with various programs, including Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere to produce high quality digital elements to accompany news content
- Stay familiar with trends within the industry to support creative direction
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with news editorial, creative, and administrative personnel
- Strong writing and editing skills including knowledge and adherence to AP style
- Must be technically savvy and have excellent computer skills and internet search techniques
- Knowledge of best practices on professional journalism social media accounts
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and in a deadline driven environment
- Must have strong news judgement and play an active role in news gathering
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with internet publishing workflow, including experience with a content management system, image editing software, video editing tools, and social media platforms
- Ability to tell engaging stories in the digital space by adding video assets, photos, social posts, etc.
- Must be able and willing to work different shifts, including weekends and holidays, and be flexible with schedule changes
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in Journalism, Communications, or comparable work experience in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in online journalism preferred
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.