Field Technician - Curry Ford
Join our Nationally Recognized Apprenticeship Certification Program*
The Field Technician role is at the very core of Spectrum’s mission. As they travel throughout our communities, our Field Techs make it possible for us to connect our 30 million-customers to entertainment, information, and each other. If you’re looking for a hands-on career opportunity that allows you to work face-to-face with the people directly impacted by your work, consider joining our team.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry
- Work in all elements
- Tech savvy, training provided
What makes a successful Field Technician at Spectrum?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically savvy
Hear from Our Team
It’s a really awesome job! I’m outside most of the day. I’m active. I’m fixing things and making people genuinely happy.Cotey Green, Field Operations, Portland, ME
Check out the latest news and events happening at Spectrum. This includes hiring events for all divisions and locations.
A Day in the life
Our Field Technicians are responsible for the installation of Digital Video, High Speed Internet and Digital Phone. Working both inside and out, technicians travel to customer sites to inspect equipment, independently diagnose service issues and construct innovative solutions.
Spectrum wants to help you get more out of life and take care of things outside the office to make life a little easier. We provide:
Health Insurance (Medical/Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision)
Paid Time Off
Paid Holidays, Personal days, Vacation and Sick Time
Life and Disability Insurance
Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance of two times your pay.
Access Discounted Company Services
You have the chance to use company services at little to no cost where available.
National Registered Apprentice Certification for new Field Technicians. Veterans with GI Bill benefits can collect in addition to hourly pay.
Company Provided Vehicle
We offer company van with gas card along with option to take van home.
ResponsibilitiesDate posted 02/22/2021 Requisition Number: 275812BR Location: United States - Florida - Orlando Area of Interest: Field Operations, Technician Position Type: Full Time
If you’re like a lot of people, you want a career that can grow with you. Spectrum Field Technicians come from all kinds of backgrounds and experience levels. If you’re new to the role, enter our training program enthusiastic to learn our systems, services and equipment. If you have experience, continue to increase your knowledge to get comfortable with our expanding and evolving range of tools and techniques. Find lasting success and create quality customer relationships. Build your skills to become a valued member of our team and a reliable face in the community. The knowledge you gain here can take you far.
What is the role?
Getting started as a Field Tech means getting up-to-date with all that Spectrum has to offer. As we continue to update our tools, technology and efficiencies, we’ll teach you to install and service a range of Spectrum products. You’ll get at least four weeks of fully paid, hands-on training with power tools, cable and telecom equipment, meters and apps, computer software and more. You’ll get to develop pole climbing and ladder skills safely and effectively right at our training facility. We provide all the gear you’ll use, and the knowledge you gain will make you a valued professional. There’s also support after you have completed training in case you need a quick refresher or higher-level backup.
Climb the Ladder at Spectrum
Are you ready to see how far you can go? There are opportunities to grow and succeed at Spectrum, and we’re proud when our people achieve more. It shows in the fact that so many of our Field Operations supervisors, managers, and directors started as Field Techs themselves. They know exactly what it takes to thrive and how to best support their team, whether that means onsite backup or being available to talk through issues. Join our apprenticeship program for support moving up with training and experience. Build a strong foundation for a career that progresses as you do.
The benefits are clear
In addition to the core benefits — industry-leading retirement savings and 401(k) plans, comprehensive healthcare insurance options, dental and vision plans, flexible spending, family leave, and paid training and time off — we offer free Spectrum products and services where available, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and a selection of other programs to support team members and their families. Have previous technical experience and (or) knowledge? Starting salary will be based on level of experience.
This is a physical job, so you must have the ability to do the following:
• Move over, and possibly under, different types of terrain in all-weather while carrying tools and equipment.
• Ability to operate and lift weight-bearing equipment, such as customer premises equipment, gaffs, safety harnesses, extension ladders (that can weigh up to 75 pounds and extend 28 feet).
Additional necessary skills and abilities include:
• A willingness and ability to learn to use handheld devices and operate computer or test equipment. These can include signal level meters, pressure testers, ohm meters, handheld applications, a laptop computer and software.
• Familiarity with computer operating systems and a variety of consumer communications devices, such as smartphones, routers, modems, converters, and wireless devices.
• A valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record within company-required standards. Travel to and from assigned territories and company facilities, including during inclement weather, is essential.
In The Field
Every day brings something different, so Field Techs should be comfortable working in a lot of different settings, for example:
• High, outdoor places like telephone poles and rooftops, in all weather conditions, possibly for extended periods of time.
• In residences, potentially in poorly ventilated areas such as attics, basements and/or crawlspaces where there may be dust, dirt, noise, insects, rodents, pets, and cleaning solutions.
• Consistent and punctual attendance. The ability to work overtime, weekends, second shift or participate in an on-call rotation when scheduled.
• Out of the box thinkers. You must be able to work with little supervision and have the ability to apply common sense, experience, and theory towards problem solving and decision making.
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.