Financial Analyst - Spectrum News 13 OrlandoApply Now Date posted 03/20/2020 Requisition Number: 255491BR Location: United States - Florida - Orlando Area of Interest: Finance and Accounting Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: The Business Planning Analyst is responsible for coordinating and monitoring budgets, re-forecasting, and analysis of operating expenses. Develops, interprets and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control. Performs analysis to determine present and future financial performance.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and review reports & other analysis as required for achieving financial objectives
- Perform analysis of data trends on operational budget spend to enable team to meet Key Performance Indicators
- Understand financial models to forecast results
- Utilize analysis to identify cost savings opportunities
- Create operating expense reforecast
- Coordinate operating expense variance analysis and reporting
- Perform monthly review of financial statements and identify trends
- Perform other duties as requested
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative and dynamic team environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to quickly identify business problems/opportunities
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Knowledge of software applications such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Business planning/Financial analysis or related experience
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.