Photojournalist - Spectrum Networks - Orlando, FLApply Now Date posted 10/08/2020 Requisition Number: 268620BR Location: United States - Florida - Orlando Area of Interest: Content Development, Creative, News Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: The ideal candidate is a strong visual story-teller, who is able to shoot and edit still and video for web and broadcast on deadline. They will work with reporters, assignment desk editors, and master control operators and independently in the newsgathering process. They will manage general upkeep of assigned company vehicle and equipment. They must be able to analyze subject material, select equipment, lighting, angle and background; select and present subject to achieve desired effect, with attention to lighting, background composition and style. Choose and utilize a wide variety of photographic equipment, including lenses, lightings, filters, etc. Use photo software to modify and create images meeting defined style requirements; edit and enhance images; apply special effects and color correction as needed. Must have ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under time pressure deadline
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shoot and edit still and video for web and broadcast on deadline
- Work with reporters, assignment desk editors, and master control operators and independently in the newsgathering process
- Manage general upkeep of assigned company vehicle and equipment
- Work with photographic equipment such as lighting, lenses, and tripods
- Provide guidance on capabilities and means to optimize photo opportunities
- Analyze subject material, select equipment, lighting, angle and background; select and present subject to achieve desired effect, with attention to lighting, background composition and style
- Choose and utilize a wide variety of photographic equipment, including lenses, lightings, filters, etc.
- Use photo software to modify and create images meeting defined style requirements; edit and enhance images; apply special effects and color correction as needed
- Responsible for representing the station in a professional manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- News video editing skills
- Must have ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under time pressure deadline
- Must be able and willing to work different shifts, be flexible with schedule changes and able to cover stand-by responsibilities when assigned
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate solutions; and able to relate well with diverse populations and age groups
- Ability to interface with internal company personnel
- Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative and a positive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work with bonded cellular live streaming technology such as TV U and Operate ENG/SNG vehicles under company guidelines and within proper safety parameters
- Must obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license for authorized driving in the State of residence
- 5+ Years of shooting and editing television news footage experience
- Microwave truck experience a must; DSNG experience helpful
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field or comparable television work experience preferred
- Works inside in a climate controlled environment and outside throughout the year and may be subjected to various weather conditions that could include extreme heat or cold conditions
- Lifting and carrying up to 100 pounds
- Drives company vehicle to and from different locations in a safe manner by obeying all traffic laws
- Must be able to distinguish colors and discern sounds
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may require the following:
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.