Spectrum Networks- Associate Producer- Orlando, FL
Spectrum Networks Producers are passionate about community and connection, which broadcasting brings together in unparalleled ways. When we talk about dedication to the craft, we’re talking about engaging viewers with diverse viewpoints and accurate, compelling, high-quality storytelling. We focus on delivering local and regional content to our communities, paying special attention to the stories that matter most to viewers. Flexibility, creativity, and strong editorial judgement are the hallmarks of success in Spectrum Networks. As a Producer, use these qualities to influence and inspire.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Multilevel Opportunities
- Company Perks
What makes a successful Spectrum Networks Producer?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
Hear from Our Team
I have worked for Spectrum for nearly three years, first as a weekend morning News Producer and now as a Special Projects Producer, and I feel like my future with Spectrum Networks is limitless. It’s exciting to be involved in new endeavors, and I’m grateful to be a part of it. We’re providing customers with dynamic original content, documentaries, and specials tailored to their own communities. Our leaders are a source of inspiration and always open to helping others grow. I appreciate the trust they show in me and the creative liberty they give me. Every day is different and my team is right there with me for the ride.– Victoria, Special Projects Producer
Spectrum Networks does an amazing job reaching out to people, whether it’s delivering stories that matter to our customers on a 24/7 basis or joining community-wide housing and charitable projects. We can do things no other networks can, and I think that makes this a really special place. People can count on us. It’s a supportive environment. I know my managers are there for me, willing to work with me and catch me if I need help. They aren’t afraid to let me try something new. There are opportunities to learn from the best and chances to put my skills to the test, all with the comfort of knowing I have a strong group next to me. There’s nothing to lose and plenty to gain.– Brogan, Producer
Behind the Scenes at Spectrum Networks
‘In Focus’ Delivers Thought-Provoking Content for Spectrum Networks
A Day in the Life: Spectrum Sportsnet
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
Access Discounted Company Services
You have the chance to use company services at little to no cost.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
ResponsibilitiesDate posted 07/27/2020 Requisition Number: 265450BR Location: United States - Florida - Orlando Area of Interest: Content Development, News, TV Programming Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for:
Research and write news scripts for assigned shows and newscasts. Contribute to special features and stories. Participate in coordinating coverage of major stories, breaking news and specials.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Write news stories for an assigned show and/or newscast, ensuring content is factually correct and written in a clear and concise conversational style
- Verify stories are written to the pictures being edited and/or vice versa
- Follow through on all assignments meeting required deadlines, including contributing to story ideas and development
- Fill-in producing shows and newscasts as needed
- Conduct pre-interviews and on-camera interviews
- Participate in shooting, scripting and editing, as directed
- Perform editing functions as needed
- Work in a computerized newsroom environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skill/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Strong broadcast news writing ability
- Ability to anticipate situations and meet strict deadlines
- Interpersonal skills and excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and interact with all personnel within the organization
- Knowledge of current events and industry trends
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with the local market
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Must be able to work rapidly and accurately
- Working knowledge of general office computer software, newsroom software and basic non-linear editing systems a plus
- Basic editing skills
- Must be able and willing to work different shifts and be flexible with schedule changes
- +2 Years of Television Experience
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field or comparable television work experience preferred
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may require the following:
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.