Spectrum News 13 Spring 2019 Internship - Broadcast Engineering, NewsApply Now Date posted 11/19/2018 Requisition Number: 228787BR Location: United States - Florida - Orlando Zip Code: 32801 Area of Interest: Cable Television Production, Engineering/Technical Operations, Internship/Trainee, Network Television Production, News Position Type: Intern
Program Dates: January 28, 2019 to April 5, 2019
About Spectrum Networks: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
Experience You Will Gain: Spectrum Networks Internships provides you with meaningful, real-world experience that will aid in developing confidence and marketable skills for the future. Our for-credit Internship will provide you with experiential learning in a professional setting that integrates what you have learned in the classroom. The experience of being a Spectrum Networks Intern will provide you with invaluable experiences in news and sports, and will also allow you to develop your professional skills. You will expand your network and build upon your current resume, all while having fun! Upon the successful completion of the program you will earn a stipend as a thank you for participating.
Spectrum Networks offers internship opportunities in the following area:
• Broadcast Engineering, News Intern: This position is responsible for the set-up, configuration, maintenance, diagnosis and operation of a broad spectrum of broadcast systems and equipment.
- Maintain RF, satellite and fiber transport equipment
- Knowledge/Ability to apply terminations/connectors to various types of network cables such as coaxial, twisted pair, and optical fiber cables that carry SDI video, AES audio, RF and IP signals Connector Types include BNC, N, F, RJ-4S, and D-sub-miniature.
- Troubleshoot and repair television studio and field equipment
• Complete core assignment provided by the respective department and/or functional area
• Complete portfolio project, individually or group based determined by manager
• Attend internship development activities as scheduled
• Shadow Spectrum Networks Team Members
• Participate in rotating opportunities where applicable
• Be enthusiastic, communicative and open to learning new things every day!
Skills/Abilities & Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under time pressure deadline
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate solutions; ability to relate well with diverse populations
• Ability to interface with internal company personnel and build relationships
• Requires ability to adapt proactively and positively solve problems
Eligibility Requirements: Only the best and brightest need apply. To be considered for a Spectrum Networks internship you must:
1. Be in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm degree program
2. Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
3. Students must be 18 years of age or older
4. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S
5. Must be willing to participate for a term of 10 weeks (16-20 hours weekly) – January 28, 2019 to April 5, 2019
6. Must agree not to miss more than three (3) days of the internship program
7. Willing and able to uphold a flexible schedule that includes weekends, holidays, and breaking news events
8. Must receive course credit for participation in the program
9. One (1) letter of recommendation
• Grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
• Majors in Broadcast Journalism or Mass Communications.
• Previous internship experience
• Demonstrated participation in extracurricular activities a plus
• Office environment
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go