Broadcast I.T. EngineerApply Now Date posted 07/10/2018 Requisition Number: 214540BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Raleigh Area of Interest: Cable Television Production, Engineering/Technical Operations, Network Television Production, News, Production Position Type: Full Time
Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering news that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment!
Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
JOIN OUR JOURNEY IF…
You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
A Spectrum Networks Broadcast System I.T. Engineer is responsible for the support of all broadcast I.T. technical facilities, equipment and software applications for local operations including but not limited to workstations, servers, phones, networks, databases, automation systems, and video and editing equipment used for production and program origination.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide regional and onsite support for broadcast I.T. systems and network infrastructure for 24/7 News production and Origination
• Diagnose and implement fix agents or develop alternative methods to overcome unexpected technical problems to maintain continuity in on-air broadcast
• Troubleshoots equipment and recommend appropriate solutions including vendor repair, in house repair or equipment replacement
• Documents and maintains equipment maintenance history database and generates status reports for both users and supervisor
• Works with multiple service providers in maintaining station’s WAN connectivity
• Installs and upgrades systems components and software
• Assists the Engineering and Technical Operations team to develop broadcast I.T. systems supporting local news production when needed
• Ensures adherence to corporate I.T. policies and best practices for Broadcast I.T. infrastructure
• Assists in managing vendors and system integrators in broadcast I.T. System new builds or upgrades
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Technical proficiency in configuration of ASA Firewalls
• Experience in administering Mac, Linux, and Windows systems that includes Windows XP, 7, 10 workstations, Windows 2003/2008/2012 server, and SQL Enterprise server a plus
• Must be familiar with TCP/IP Network topologies, VLANS and Cisco WAN/LAN switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS) and network monitoring tools
• Must be able to work independently with limited direct supervision
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and a functional level
• Communication: demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to produce clear and concise written analysis and reports
• Interpersonal: ability to interface with internal company and division personnel at various levels and outside equipment vendors and suppliers; must be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds
• Must adhere to schedule guidelines
• Individual could be asked to be on call
• The individual must be able to travel when needed to support any broadcast IT issues that arise
• Must be able to work under time pressure deadlines and willing and able to work different shifts or longer shifts due to "breaking news" coverage and severe weather emergencies.
• Willing and able to work weekends and holidays
• Must obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license for authorized driving in the state of residence
• Minimum two year degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience in a Broadcast environment
• 4 year degree preferred
•At least 2 years’ experience in Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go