Executive Producer, Digital - Spectrum News RaleighApply Now Date posted 07/08/2019 Requisition Number: 244343BR-3 Location: United States - North Carolina - Raleigh Area of Interest: News, Production Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: The Executive Producer of Digital Content will oversee the day-to-day content development, management and publishing across our various channels including websites, mobile apps, email newsletters and social media. This person will lead a team of energetic and nimble producers within a fast-paces newsroom and translate the day’s stories into highly-engaging, best-in-class content.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guide the creation of video, photo, graphic and live stream content amongst the digital team, and interface with the Creative Services Department to further coordinate asset creation
- Grow engagement across Spectrum Networks digital properties
- Sync with the assigned newsroom to identify news stories of the day and plan coverage that is appropriate for our various digital media platforms (website, mobile apps, newsletters, and social media)
- Maintain digital content calendar containing priority events, initiatives and opportunities
- Build support plans for major organizational priorities or initiatives
- Aid the digital team in content production during producer shifts, breaking or emergency situations and during times where coverage may be limited
- Provide content edits and accountability on spelling/grammar
- Study performance data to make strategic decisions on content development
- Apply SEO practices to improve overall content discovery and visibility
- Operate a suite of software that includes the Dalet newsroom management system, web content management system, and computer-based video encoding and image capture applications
- Troubleshoot web and online publishing tools and refine workflow processes as needed
- Manages a team of digital producers, handles shift scheduling and approves paid time off when applicable
- Coach digital and news teams to “think digitally” when crafting content on a daily basis
- Maintain a positive and collaborative working atmosphere for direct reports and partner groups
- Display strong organizational skills
- Lead weekly department status meetings to discuss progress on current initiatives, kick off future priority projects and discuss executional issues the digital team may be experiencing
- Work collaboratively with other Spectrum Networks’ digital teams
- Interface with organization leadership to establish goals and drive digital strategy forward
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Familiarity with the AP print writing style
- Website/CMS platform management experience
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, FTP and other web scripting practices
- Adobe Creative Suite and/or digital content software experience
- Working knowledge of video production and post production techniques and software
- Familiarity with live stream products and software
- Active social media user/familiarity with various social platform details
- Working knowledge of digital paid media practices (web, search, and social)
- Fluent in the English language. Spanish/bi-lingual speakers preferred
- A high level of attention to detail, particularly with spelling and grammar
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Producing news, sports, and/or lifestyles & entertainment digital content
- 2+ years of Management experience
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.