Graphic DesignerApply Now Date posted 08/09/2017 Requisition Number: 201332BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Raleigh Area of Interest: Cable Television Production, Editorial, Graphics/Design, Network Television Production, News, Television/Programming Position Type: Full Time
This role will be responsible for visually conveying and maintaining the Spectrum Networks brand through the creation of still and motion graphics. The Animator/Graphic Designer can create assets for all facets of design & production for a live, news television network. Qualified candidates should be capable of taking projects through the phases of concept, design, production and delivery.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain the consistency of the Spectrum Networks brand and ensure the entire staff is maintaining the look of the brand.
- Work collaboratively with graphics producers, news staff, art directors and creative directors.
- Should be able to create a project in AfterEffects using advanced techniques and applicable plug-ins.
- Creation of motion graphics is also required which include, but are not limited to: Special Storystarters, Promotions, Show Opens, On-Set Backgrounds, Promotional Elements and Videoboxes.
- Create Print material including small ads, posters and roadside billboards.
- Serve clients in various ways, including: Promos, live remote, live studio, programming and sales/marketing initiatives not only in their respective market, but across the footprint.
- Ensure delivery of all necessary design pieces and that all design deliverables are accurate and tested by the News/Tech departments before air.
- Ensure that all non-English text used in designs is accurately translated.
- Supply base files, design elements, movie files, Lyric files etc. to the rest of the footprint as needed using the appropriate file transfer.
- Assist in training new hires, freelancers and interns.
- Ensure the staff adheres to design initiatives set forth by CS Management.
- Be able to take aesthetic photographs of talent, sets, etc. as needed.
- Keen eye for aesthetic design and an attention to detail.
- 2D/3D Animation (a plus if they know Cinema 4D or Maya).
- Graphic Design, Typography, Print, Web Design, Set Design, and TV Production.
- Editing programs like After Effects, Adobe Premiere Photoshop, Illustrator, Font Book, Quicktime, Dalet, Chyron, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Understanding of server-based templates and automation.
- SMS/Black Storm.
- Render Codecs.
- Project responsibility delegation, multi-tasking and time management.
- Internet knowledge / Search Engines.
- Remote File Transfer such as Fetch, FTP, Hightail and Hot Sync; Remote access (VNC).
- Mac/PC Platforms and Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Creative thinking/Conceptualization.
- Schedule Flexibility (Ability to work long hours, nights, holidays, weekends, during severe weather and breaking news situations).
- Minimum college design degree, trade certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of graphics production (News or live television graphics experience preferred).
More on Spectrum: Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
Spectrum is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go