Supervisor, Technical Operations (Spectrum News Raleigh)Apply Now Date posted 05/04/2019 Requisition Number: 231267BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Raleigh Area of Interest: Engineering, News, TV Programming Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: Under the direction of the Manager of Technical Operations, this position is responsible assisting with department administrative duties and troubleshooting technical issues to insure that the Spectrum News Network of channels maintains the highest levels of quality control.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Establish new procedures and work standards
- Will assist in training of new employees
- Recommend and draft changes or additions to departmental guidelines based on evolving workflow requirements
- Review quality control reports, investigate and follow through with management and news department
- Responsible for managing vacation requests and creating monthly employee schedule
- Will approve Kronos Timecards for direct reports
- Will take the lead in writing/conducting employee reviews for Direct Reports- with assistance/feedback from the production manager
- Supervisor will help troubleshoot technical issues in Production Control, Master Control, and Studios
- Work closely with crew members and newsroom staff to cultivate a collaborative and respectful work environment
- Will fill in as needed (during vacations and holidays) in the following positions: Audio, Master Control, Technical Director
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Associate's Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or three months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Two (2) years of audio and master control operations experience in a newsroom environment.
- Three (3) plus years of Technical Directing experience preferred.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to work shifts that may include mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
- Local travel up to X% in company car and may require additional trips
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go