Photojournalist/Studio Camera Operator - Spectrum Networks - Raleigh, NCApply Now Date posted 01/07/2021 Requisition Number: 269636BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Raleigh Area of Interest: Content Development, News, TV Programming Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for:
Responsible for operating studio jib camera to convey images for network broadcast. The individual in this role will follow action closely and choose shot angles and distances as well as work from an assigned shot list.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Operate camera jib in a live, multi-camera, switched television studio production.
- Responsible for correctly positioning and framing shots while reacting swiftly and accurately to director’s requests for live and pre-recorded productions.
- Follow a shot list, while choosing the angles and distances.
- Listen carefully to show dialogue and match the shots to the action.
- Work with bonded cellular live streaming technology and Operate ENG/SNG/Satellite vehicles under company guidelines and within proper safety parameters.
- Shoot and edit still and video for web and broadcast on deadline.
- Work with Multimedia Journalists, Planning team members and Production staff, and independently in the newsgathering process.
- Drive company vehicle to and from different locations in a safe manner by obeying all traffic laws.
- Manage general upkeep of assigned company vehicle and equipment.
- Display proficient technical skills across multiple key operating positions while adhering to high production standards.
- Act professionally and as a positive force in the team environment.
- Collaborate on breaking news coverage and last minute programming changes as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Skill/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- News broadcasting knowledge
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under time pressure deadline
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Requires correct evaluation of picture color and tone with the ability to distinguish colors
- Ability to discern sounds and follow spoken shot instructions
- Valid driver’s license for authorized driving in the State of residence
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Journalism, Communications, Broadcasting, Radio/TV/Film, Engineering and/or equivalent work experience preferred
- +5 Years of experience with professional video cameras (field, studio and/or robotic)
- Experience working in a technical, live environment
- Knowledge of television production and newsgathering equipment and software
- Knowledge of studio-based production and post production techniques
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may require the following:
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
- Primarily works in-studio, but will also travel and work outdoors at times to shoot and edit video on deadline and operate ENG/SNG/Satellite newsgathering equipment
- Ability to work inside in a climate controlled environment and outside throughout the year and may be subjected to various weather conditions that could include extreme heat or cold conditions
- Ability to work various shifts throughout the day, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays
- Lifting and carrying up to 100 pounds
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.