Producer, DigitalApply Now Date posted 07/07/2017 Requisition Number: 199302BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Raleigh Area of Interest: Cable Television Production, Editorial, Network Television Production, News, Television/Programming Position Type: Full Time
Spectrum News is looking for a Digital Content Producer to craft editorial content for a 24-hour local station and drive engagement across our digital platforms including websites, social media handles and mobile apps. The ideal candidate will have strong news writing skills, a familiarity with internet publishing tools, a passion for digital media, a positive attitude, and the ability to work on deadline in a fast-paced environment.
- Attend editorial meetings to stay synced with all ongoing and breaking news priorities, and provide suggestions for digital content extensions.
- Prepare online news and feature web stories based on on-air scripts, as well as information provided by the assignment desk, wire services, newspapers, press releases and footage shot in the field from station reporters.
- Adhere to AP print style and provide script edits to maintain spelling & grammar accuracy, clarity and staying factual.
- Compose and publish text, video and images to site using online publishing tools and other software programs.
- Build site content widgets and special sections that highlight priority content in an engaging way.
- Craft social media post copy and video/image elements that are impactful and compelling to users.
- Track web and social metrics and assist the team in making strategic content changes when necessary.
- Collaborate with reporting staff to take advantage of the presentation of their stories both on the website and on social media.
- Interface with digital producers across the Spectrum News footprint on items including editorial projects, web development, copywriting, and more.
- Assist with the generation, aggregation, management and utilization of user-generated content.
- Apply SEO techniques to increase visibility of content.
- Stay familiar with trends within the online news industry.
- Operate Adobe CQ5 and Experience Manager content management system for publication of stories.
- Leverage Dalet newsroom management system and programs like Adobe Photoshop to access source material and craft content.
- Use online tools to manage news channel’s social media accounts.
- Rely on knowledge of HTML, CSS, web scripting and FTP to drive efficiencies.
- Work within design programs like Adobe Photoshop to produce high quality digital visuals to accompany content.
- Publish text and e-mail alerts as necessary.
- Monitor site metrics on various software-based dashboards.
- Strong writing and copy editing skills.
- Possesses accurate and ethical news judgment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with internet publishing workflow, including experience with a content management system, image editing software, video editing tools and social media platforms.
- Ability to tell engaging stories in the digital space by adding video assets, photos, social, etc.
- Willingness to work flexible shifts, including weekends and early morning/closing night shifts, as needed.
- B.A. Degree in Communications, Journalism, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of editorial writing experience producing news, sports, and/or lifestyles content.
More on Spectrum: Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
Spectrum is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go