Technical Director – Spectrum News RaleighApply Now Date posted 04/26/2017 Requisition Number: 194269BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Raleigh Area of Interest: Cable Television Production, Engineering/Technical Operations, Network Television Production, News, Television/Programming Position Type: Full Time
The purpose of this position is to direct and technical direct the production of live and recorded television news content and programming from multiple control rooms, studios and remote locations. Management reserves the right to add, change or revise this job description at any time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Direct and technical direct the audio and visual portions of live and recorded television through the use of automated production systems.
- Collaborate with editorial and technical personnel to produce high quality, compelling content.
- Operate and maintain working knowledge of production equipment such as video switcher, character generator, remote controlled cameras, audio board and computers; maintain and enhance understanding and skills related to shot composition, lighting and aesthetics.
- Notify the editorial team in a timely manner of any potential editorial problems.
- Work with Operations Manager and engineering staff to continually refine workflows and provide feedback on control room procedures.
- Communicate issues in a daily written report.
- Troubleshoot technical problems.
- Lead production team assigned for live or recorded newscast production.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications or other related field is preferred or equivalent education/training/directing experience is required.
- Minimum of 1 year Technical Directing experience.
- Requires strong technical aptitude and experience with television control room and studio production technology including video switchers, audio mixers, character generators, DVE’s, robotic camera controls, production automation systems, newsroom editorial software and automated on-air playout systems.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate solutions.
- Must be detailed oriented and maintain high levels of quality control during live and recorded production.
- Must have the abilities to manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Must work well under pressure.
Only applicants who apply online at jobs.spectrum.com will be considered.
Charter Communications supports a drug-free environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
More on Spectrum: Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
Spectrum is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go