Database Administrator - Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 07/30/2019 Requisition Number: 243887BR Location: United States - Virginia - Reston Area of Interest: Maintenance Technician, Network Operations, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of fiber-based technology solutions that believes connectivity is fundamental to the progress of every organization. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their business goals by providing the digital infrastructure that enables them to outperform. Our portfolio includes fiber Internet, Voice, Video, TV and cloud Infrastructure solutions as well as network and managed services. For more information visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discounts on Spectrum Services
- Formal Training and Certification Program
- Utilize deep knowledge and configuration of Oracle real application clustering (RAC) capabilities
- Work with Oracle RDBMS capabilities, performing design and installs on various hardware/OS configurations, post install configuration, performance tuning, upgrades, backups/restores, data export, problem determination and resolution
- Exercise technical knowledge and/or expertise with various Oracle RDBMS versions primarily 11gR2 to build databases
- Implement Oracle RDBMS architecture, esp. when diagnosing problems and in implementing resolutions
- Use virtualization knowledge, including running Oracle DB within VM environments, such as VMware, with other technologies such as XEN and KVM desirable
- Deliver methodology's developing solutions, architecture
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Outstanding analytical skills (e.g., must be able to analyze unique customer environments and suggest appropriate migration approaches)
- Exceptional decision making and problem-solving skills
- Must have the ability to effectively adapt to shifting priorities based on business demands
- Ten or more years of experience working as a DBA.
- Five or more years of experience architecting, designing, implementing, developing, and/or administering environments
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience supporting code deployments, customizations and integration of Oracle Fusion Middleware technologies with third-party applications and databases
- Experience with RAC/ASM/Data Guard/Golden Gate
- Experience with Oracle Solaris, Red Hat Linux
- Experienced in administration with demonstrated success deploying software across multiple environments, enclaves, platforms and sites
- Strong proficiency in storage technologies, SAN/NAS, RAID systems, etc.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Solid experience with Windows Server, SharePoint and/or SQL Server.
- Experience in installing and upgrading Oracle 12c databases.
- Experience with Dataguard setup and management.
- Skilled in Unix/Linux Shell Scripting
- Experience in managing SQL Server databases
- Experience in supporting PeopleSoft Administration
- Experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware and/or BI technologies
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field (required)
- Master's Degree in a related field (preferred)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.