Spectrum Telesales Representative
Are you ready for a big opportunity? Our Sales and Marketing group is full of enthusiastic professionals who apply a deep understanding of Spectrum’s range of products and services to win over new customers and ensure existing customers remain satisfied with their investment. No matter your background, our fully paid training will teach you effective sales techniques and how to build positive customer relationships. Increasing your brand and technological awareness is the first step toward a long and rewarding career with Spectrum, and we’ll support you every step of the way.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Mid-Level
- Reliable Work Shift
What makes a successful Outbound Telemarketing Sales Representative?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally Savvy
Spectrum highly values their employees, encouraging us to learn and grow within the company. We respect one another, push one another to succeed, and work together as a team to accomplish goals. There are multiple opportunities to develop professionally and reach long-term personal goals, like enhancing my management skills and learning all the ins and outs of the trade. And I love providing my customers with the tech they need, when they need it, at a price that makes them happy.– Horace, Representative, SMB Telesales
This is one of the best work environments I have ever experienced. It is FUN to come into work. My colleagues are hardworking, have great positive attitudes, and create an enthusiastic energy on the sales floor day in and day out. Spectrum is leading the way in terms of not only service products but the price points as well. For a front-line employee, that makes a world of difference. Helping new and existing customers maximize their experience has helped me grow into a top agent. I look forward to moving into a Manager or Sales Coach role as I continue my journey here.– Isaias, Representative, SMB Telesales
A Day in the Life
Check out our video and what it’s like to be a Outbound Telemarketing Sales Representative!
Spectrum is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. Our organization is filled with a diverse group of hardworking people.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 95,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 26 million customers in 41 states.
We encourage the continued education and development of our employees and recognize development through education is an integral part of personal and professional growth.
Charter will provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
Health Benefits, Life Insurance, and Disability
Health Insurance (Medical/Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision), Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance of two times your pay
You have the chance to use company services at little to no cost where available.
Paid Training and Paid Time Off
Paid Holidays, Personal days, Paid Time Off, Vacation and Sick Time
High Earning Potential
Lucrative commission structure with six figure potential
ResponsibilitiesDate posted 08/23/2019 Requisition Number: 247882BR Location: United States - Minnesota - Rochester Area of Interest: Retail, Sales Position Type: Full Time
The Telesales Representative position is an Outbound Telemarketing Sales position within the Spectrum Business team. Individuals in this position are responsible for understanding Spectrum Business products and services (Internet, Voice & Video) for the purpose of selling to new acquisition prospects and upselling existing Spectrum Business customers via outbound calling in a call center environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively sell Charter products and services to new and existing prospects.
- Consistently achieve a monthly sales quota by adding new lines of service (Primary Service Units; PSUs).
- Meet established activity targets and key performance indicators, including outbound calls per day, follow up calls, quotes sent, sales, and connects, etc.
- Handle all prospects with courtesy and professionalism; Establish and maintain a high level of prospect satisfaction in all interactions.
- Act as a product consultant when promoting, recommending and selling the value of Spectrum Business products and services.
- Inform prospects of our product pricing model and Spectrum Business’ competitive advantage compared to other service providers.
- Effectively balance new lead generation versus follow up efforts. Create a strong follow up plan that will allow for greater efficiency and increased sales conversion rates.
- Ensure database information is accurate and complete.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to communicate orally in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Ability to listen and interpret the needs of the prospect.
- Ability to conduct a needs analysis (consultative approach), overcome objections, develop a strong sales pitch and effectively close sales.
- Ability to show proper judgement and initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple prospects, pay close attention to detail, respond quickly to changing business needs and prioritize and organize effectively even when volume and workload exceed expectations.
- Ability to effectively use and multitask with a personal computer; utilize job-specific software applications (e.g., CSG, ICOMS, Salesforce, survey software) and other office equipment such as telephone/dialer, headset, copier, fax and calculator.
- Must effectively work independently as well as with others
- Knowledge of commercial internet, video and data and telephone products and services.
- Proficient in MS Office and related software applications.
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
Related Work Experience
2+ years Customer Service and/or Telecommunication Sales Experience
1+ years ICOMS and/or CSG work experience, or experience with similar billing software.
Office work environment where employee may need to be seated for long periods of time while using a telephone headset and computer.
Exposure to moderate noise levels.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.