Customer Activation Coordinator - Provisioning (PAC)
Date posted 10/15/2019
Requisition Number: 250579BR
Location: United States - Missouri - St Ann
Area of Interest: Administrative, Customer Operations, Customer Service
Position Type: Full Time
The Customer Activation Coordinator - Provisioning (PAC) is responsible for resolving residential and simple commercial order exceptions. Responsibilities include analysis and resolution which require customer contact to resolve the failure, provisioning updates, Local Number Portability (LNP) exception handling, updates to E911 records and internal escalations from Repair and Customer Service teams. The Customer Activation Agent- Provisioning (PAC) must provide exceptional customer service with strong attention to details.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Monitor and resolve exception tasks from the billing and provisioning systems for all residential and commercial order activity, including new connects, reconnects, service changes and disconnects.
- Process inbound and outbound customer calls related to order exceptions, such as TPV failures and LNP errors, which prevent orders from flowing properly. Research, resolve and reschedule orders as needed. Contact the customer or authorized contact to resolve the failure in accordance with company and regulatory requirements. Perform all customer contacts within established service and performance guidelines.
- Responsible for handling exceptions related to LNP orders. Port in exceptions require obtaining, tracking, and submitting service orders to the donating ILEC/CLEC via an LSR (Local Service Request) and to NPAC (Number Portability Administration Centers) via a SOA (Service Order Administration) LNP Subscription request. Submit all relevant information needed to port in and activate a customer's current telephone number and service, including all of the relevant customer account and directory information. Port out exceptions require obtaining, tracking, and responding to service orders received from the ILEC/CLEC via an LSR. Update SOA subscription requests with all relevant information needed to port out and disconnect a customer's current telephone number and service within FCC regulated time frames.
- Resolve provisioning exceptions by researching issue and updating network elements for telephone and internet work orders via various switch and provisioning related tools.
- Resolve E911 database exceptions and errors. Verify customer address is MSAG compliant by using customer billing system MSAG tables, Intrado database, mapping tools or customer contact. Update the records for any address data element requiring changes to reslove exception. Manage address exceptions and changes, new connects, supplements, suspensions, and disconnects to ensure E911 records are updated accordingly.
- Process escalations from various internal teams to resolve customer service issues stemming from porting, provisioning or 911 related items.
- Identify and escalate exceptions that are not easily resolved with the goal of avoiding customer order delays.
- Proactively identify opportunities for processing and/or procedural improvements.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to use personal computer & software applications
- Ability to work independently in group environment
- Ability to effectively address/resolve customer complaints and issues
- Ability to work while seated for prolonged periods of time, taking back-to-back calls
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward and professional manner.
- Good/Excellent knowledge of all three lines of business (Cable, HIS, Telephone)
- Knowledge of general accounting & billing procedures
- Knowledge of office procedures and Company policies
- Knowledge of service troubleshooting
- Knowledge of residential product information, packaging, pricing and current offers
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Related Work Experience Number of Years
- Customer service experience 2+
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to solve problems while working under pressure
- Knowledge of the cable industry - products and services
- Office environment
- Flexible work schedule may be required
FCC Unit: 13526
Business Unit: Customer Operations
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.